ahhh NASA...

Chewy

C8 H10 N4 O2
Jun 29, 2004
The Government Accountability Office found that NASA spent at least five times more by flying employees on its own planes in fiscal 2003 and 2004, compared with the cost of commercial coach tickets. The extra spending totaled about $20 million.
That's money well spent.. :rolleyes:
http://www.newsday.com/news/nationw...,0,6857624.story?coll=sns-ap-nation-headlines

I'd have rather seen the Government use that money to reimburse troops that buy their own bullet-proof vests or fix the frigg'n pot holes on I-5! :confused:hout:

Jul 29, 2005
az
Damn, that is a huge waste of money, We arn't even accomplishing anything. And if we do, I really don't think its ganna be worth all the money.

Chewy

C8 H10 N4 O2
Jun 29, 2004
a/k said:
Damn, that is a huge waste of money, We arn't even accomplishing anything. And if we do, I really don't think its ganna be worth all the money.
I'm sure Crayon will make an excuse for them. :rolleyes:

Devastation

Fac et Spera
Premium
Apr 14, 2004
Indiana
Chewy said:
I'm sure Crayon will make an excuse for them. :rolleyes:
He will, I won't.

We have two wars to pay for and a city to rebuild.

Screw moonrocks until we finish with that.

NASA needs to be concentrating on how to shoot that comet so that all the pieces fall on the Middle East and Africa instead of going to the Moon anyway.

Jul 29, 2005
az
DeVaSTaTioN said:
We have two wars to pay for and a city to rebuild.

Screw moonrocks until we finish with that.

NASA needs to be concentrating on how to shoot that comet so that all the pieces fall on the Middle East and Africa instead of going to the Moon anyway.
I think you meant ocean, just a simple mistake mate. :)

B

BurritoClock

Welcome to government!

Amazing how some of you on this thread want the goverment in charge of anything. This is what government does, WASTE MONEY! It's the only thing they are good at.

Aug 19, 2005
BurritoClock said:
Welcome to government!

Amazing how some of you on this thread want the goverment in charge of anything. This is what government does, WASTE MONEY! It's the only thing they are good at.
so then who do you propose take care of the economy :rolleyes:

B

BurritoClock

Quick_Draw21 said:
so then who do you propose take care of the economy :rolleyes:
Take care of the economy!?!?!!? Please tell me how the government "takes care of the economy"? With their magical job creating wand?

TFS

Steal Life, Cheat Death
Jan 8, 2005
Ohio
Oh, come on now! Why deprive us of space lazers? Even if there is no real use for them, they're outrageously expensive, and kind of dangerous to have at all, you can't justify cutting funding for that.

They're just too cool!

Space lazers...

Chewy

C8 H10 N4 O2
Jun 29, 2004
BurritoClock said:
Welcome to government!

Could it be that they can waste money that benefits people in ways better? I think so.

shade

Mar 23, 2003
Allen, TX
Evil corporate CEOs using more resources than they deserve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one in the private sector can hold a candle to the amount of waste governments commit. That is what happens when revenue and profit is no concern.

Last edited:

bergshadow

Jan 29, 2005
No one in the private sector can hold a candle to the amount of waste governments commit.
Insurance companies (how much of every medical dollar goes to redundant and arms-race overhead in all those companies - 25%?). Enron. WorldCom. Big Coal. Big Timber. Those guys didn't fly commercial coach.

One of the California S&L bigshots (diring Reagan) had a fleet of private helicopters, with bimbo passengers. NASA looks positively thrifty, by comparison.

pidgeball6

My eyes are bleeding
May 12, 2004
Texas
I have a solution. NASA should just let employees work on their laptops at home instead of making people commute by airplane. I mean, damn, how bad do you need a job when you have to fly to work everyday?...... ;)

TFS

Steal Life, Cheat Death
Jan 8, 2005
Ohio
My dad flies business class all the time when he flies for work. That costs a shit-load more than 1st class, and the company picks up the tab. When he was living in California, they gave him an allowance for food in addition to an allowance for an apartment to rent since he was living away from his family. He didn't need the food allowance, since it was just him.

Pretty wasteful. He's an engineer in the private sector.

Aug 19, 2005
BurritoClock said:
Take care of the economy!?!?!!? Please tell me how the government "takes care of the economy"? With their magical job creating wand?
Ever heard of trust busting, monopolies, fraud, public roadways and facilities and tax dodging? What about military spending and enforcing polocies ( police and firefighters)?. Do you seriously think this is all done by the private sector? Not to mention importing and exporting goods... Who the fuck brought up job creation :insane:

B

BurritoClock

Quick_Draw21 said:
Ever heard of trust busting, monopolies, fraud, public roadways and facilities and tax dodging? What about military spending and enforcing polocies ( police and firefighters)?. Do you seriously think this is all done by the private sector? Not to mention importing and exporting goods... Who the fuck brought up job creation :insane:
Wow, military spending and police/firefighters is the only thing the goverment does that it should do. The rest of that shit on your list should be taken care of by the private sector and the free market.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A COERCIVE MONOPOLY unless the goverment gets involved. Coercive monopolies cannot exist in a truley free market system.

P

Phantome

BurritoClock said:
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A COERCIVE MONOPOLY unless the goverment gets involved. Coercive monopolies cannot exist in a truley free market system.
But there are "Natural" monopolies, which CAN exist in a truly free market system. Don't rely on wikipedia for everything. Sometimes you do have to use other sources.

TFS

Steal Life, Cheat Death
Jan 8, 2005
Ohio
Plus, the natural monopoly could get into politics. Politics don't necessarily have to enter the private sector to become corrupt.

D

daveo the great

TFS said:
My dad flies business class all the time when he flies for work. That costs a shit-load more than 1st class, and the company picks up the tab. When he was living in California, they gave him an allowance for food in addition to an allowance for an apartment to rent since he was living away from his family. He didn't need the food allowance, since it was just him.

Pretty wasteful. He's an engineer in the private sector.

woah.... you have no idea what you are talking about. 1st class is much more expensive than business class. it costs a shit load LESS than 1st.