Are you good at spelling?

Aug 18, 2004
I guess I am. It's so weird seeing someone else in High school misspelling incredibly simple words. It just comes easy to me......

I even won the- wait for it- 2ND GRADE SPELLING BEE! Lol, I think I won on "galaxy," or "universe," or something like that. I won a small journal, a pad of paper, and a few pencils. Woo-hoo.

:boink:

I was always pissed off that my school didn't have a spelling bee. I was the fucking best. I love watching the Scripps-Howard National Spelling Bee (is it just Scripps, now? Not sure).

Really, it's just part of my love of language and grammar. I just think it's fascinating that one word can describe an incredibly complex concept.

Using language properly is important to me, which is why I love the recent introduction of spelling bees into pop culture (Spellbound, Bee Season, 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, etc).

Last edited:

GALLIENVS AVG

Call of the Wintermoon
Aug 11, 2006
MA
I finished 7th in a MA state spelling bee in 8th grade and would always win when we had little class spelling bees.

As others have said, I find it so strange that people can't spell such easy words; it's just natural for some, I guess.

Y

yb-yellow

I am not into spelling bee's, but to me the words and the language of English comes so easy to me. I was always top of my class in Grammar and Spelling.

Its just on forums people sometimes type really fast a fumble their words. Its like if I was to beign starttt typing this sentecnec realyl fastg it would get sfcrambeld.

And I don't really care about punctuation, but if everyone in this forum took interest in their spelling errors it would be a better forum.

FireFox2 and their is an extension for original FF and IE to get a spell checker that works in reply boxes for forums.

Jul 29, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
I've been a good speller since elementary school. We would have small class spelling contests, and I would win them alot.
Oh, the irony!

I'm good at spelling myself. I won my 8th grade spelling bee. It really fucking pisses me off when people like the asshole I quoted misspell "a lot" and use "there" out of context. It really gets to me when people don't know simple grammar rules.

Frostdaddy

EBN Diplomat
Premium
Jun 12, 2004
Appleton, WI, USA
Oh, the irony!

I'm good at spelling myself. I won my 8th grade spelling bee. It really fucking pisses me off when people like the asshole I quoted misspell "a lot" and use "there" out of context. It really gets to me when people don't know simple grammar rules.
It really gets to me when people like the asshole I quoted act like total douchebags to seem cool.

Waster

Dr Rick Daglass, MD.
Nov 12, 2006
Super Leeds, UK
Oh, the irony!

I believe you need a hyphen in that "misspell".

Waster

Dr Rick Daglass, MD.
Nov 12, 2006
Super Leeds, UK
No, in the first one, it says this:

mis·spell /mɪsˈspɛl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[mis-spel] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object), verb (used without object), -spelled or -spelt, -spell·ing. to spell incorrectly.
You got it wrong and the website changed it for you.

EDIT: Oh no, I might have made a mistake there. You might have been right.