Auto to Manual conversion in a '96 US Accord?

Jul 25, 2005
The Real Washington
I've got a '96 Honda Accord, and I really like the car, it's been in my family since it was new, but one thing annoys me: It's got an Auto. Is it even feasible to change from an auto to a manual?

BTW:
It's got an F22B2 aka the 2156 cc Four Cylender.

ftbllplr

DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK!
Oct 30, 2005
ORY-GUN.
I dunno about Accords, but the person that I bought my Saab from is a Saab mechanic and converted it from an auto to a manual.

ftbllplr

DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK!
Oct 30, 2005
ORY-GUN.
What Kind of Saab do you have?
I've wanted a 900/93 Turbo Coupe for some time. Are they pretty reliable?
I have an 1982 900 Turbo hatchback. I haven't had any problems so far, but it only had about 80K miles on it. The previous owner not only swapped the transmission, he also put a now engine and turbo in it. If I drive conservatively I can get over 30 MPG but I don't so its usually about 25.

car_boy_16

Not Banned
Premium
Dec 21, 2004
Duluth, MN
Oh goody...a Honda question!

Yeah it's quite a bit of work..
A quick list, you need:
-Any F-series (except S2000 transmissions) or H-series transmission. H-series is more sporty btw but revs higher at highway speeds.
-OBDII manual ECU from a 96-97 Accord
-Axle and intermediate shaft for the manual transmission (except the passenger side axle)
-Shifter assembly with the cables from any 90-97 Accord or 92-96 Prelude
-Manual clutch and brake pedal assembly from any 90-97 Accord or 92-96 Prelude
-Clutch master cylinder assembly (entire assembly and reservoir) and lines from 90-97 Accord or 4th gen Prelude (92-96)
-Slave Cylinder from the 90-97 Accord or 4g Prelude
-Clutch and flywheel assembly from any 90-02 Accord or 92-01 Prelude
-5-speed mount and bracket for your transmission, as the auto one isn't compatible.
-Misc bolts and clips and ties and small line brackets....
-A welder to weld on the 5-speed transmission mount bracket.

So I'm sure there are a few little things I missed, but that is just about it. The list is pretty long, but you'd be doing this all as one system so in reality it's not SUPER hard or as time consuming as it may seem. Oh and btw, you'd need a new interior center bezel for your shifter.