Bombs in athens.

  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Bergs

Elitist
Joined
Mar 28, 2003
Messages
1,688
Likes
76
#2
They are obviously going to try something during the Olympics. No doubt about it. Kind of a cool side note, last semester one of the juniors in ROTC here worked an internship at the Pentagon in which they helped plan out scenarios to train security and military forces for the Athens games. One of the scenarios she had a direct involvement in planning had to deal with the kidnapping of the Russian basketball team. Kinda cool.
 

Viceroy

Nute Gunray
Joined
Feb 27, 2004
Messages
2,471
Likes
114
#3
Isn't it amazing how much paranoia is in the world today?

Excuse me while I stock up on water and canned goods....
 

droogsteve

Back from the dead
Premium
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
6,209
Likes
640
#4
Viceroy said:
Isn't it amazing how much paranoia is in the world today?

Excuse me while I stock up on water and canned goods....

Paranoia implies a non existent threat. Seeing how there WAS a bombing, it really isn't paranoia, is it?


Do you mean overreaction? Seeing how your government reacted to IRA threats by building a wall around the Catholic section of Belfast and passing the Internment Act which allowed arresting and holding people without charge, you might want to take it easy with that accusation.
 

Viceroy

Nute Gunray
Joined
Feb 27, 2004
Messages
2,471
Likes
114
#5
droogsteve said:
Paranoia implies a non existent threat. Seeing how there WAS a bombing, it really isn't paranoia, is it?


Do you mean overreaction? Seeing how your government reacted to IRA threats by building a wall around the Catholic section of Belfast and passing the Internment Act which allowed arresting and holding people without charge, you might want to take it easy with that accusation.
*yawn*

take a joke, my friend
 

Jacksplat

ø ø ø ø ø ø ø ø ø ø ø ø ø
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
711
Likes
121
#6
Something at the Olympics ! you ever read Rainbow Six that shit they had planned in that book was some scary shit.
 

Viceroy

Nute Gunray
Joined
Feb 27, 2004
Messages
2,471
Likes
114
#7
Jacksplat said:
Something at the Olympics ! you ever read Rainbow Six that shit they had planned in that book was some scary shit.
Come on, don't keep us in suspenders.
 

droogsteve

Back from the dead
Premium
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
6,209
Likes
640
#8
Viceroy said:
*yawn*

take a joke, my friend

Oh.




Ha.





Well at least some of your previous posts make sense now. I suspected all along that your ridiculous defense of British policy in Northern Ireland had to be a joke.
 
Joined
May 2, 2004
Messages
318
Likes
9
#9
i thought that my other forums went off topic quickly enuff but this one beats them hands down. :) personally if the games go ahead and judging by the way its taking forever to build everything it might not....nothing will happen bin liners groups will probably strike some where else imo, they seem to take pride in panicking people and stopping them going about there lives so wot better way than to get everyone all nervous about going to the olympics and striking somewhere else just to prove everyone wrong
 
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Messages
6,073
Likes
330
#10
im going to athens this summer and lets hope i dont get blown up.

im gr33k f00l

but im prolly going in july.