Convert Or Die! (Crusades on your PS3!)

GotheriK

Revolutionary
Aug 30, 2005
A video game that depicts a crusade of violence by Christians could be heading for the bestseller charts this Christmas, even though it has been condemned by Muslims and secularists.

The game, Left Behind: Eternal Forces, is set in post-apocalyptic New York and features God’s army battling the Antichrist.

Based on Left Behind, the bestselling Christian fantasy book series created by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins, it puts players in command of brainwashed legions fighting for Christianity.

Players are ordered to convert or kill to advance to the next level and remodel America as a Christian-controlled state, and establish its world vision of Christ’s dominion.

They pit battles between the paramilitary Christian Tribulation Force and the grey, faceless, Global Community Peacekeepers of the Antichrist, said to be modelled on the United Nations. The fantasy is based on what might happen if the events of the Book of Revelation, the last book of the Bible, happened today.

Critics accuse its creators of mixing religion and violence to appeal to teenage fans of violent games such as Grand Theft Auto.

The game was sold originally in the US. British outlets are releasing the game for the Christmas market. The Left Behind books have sold more than 63 million copies.

Muslim groups have denounced the game as portraying Islam as evil and accuse its creators of insulting their faith. The Muslim Association of Britain called for the game to be banned, describing it as evil.

It said: “This game is irresponsible and highly racist. It demonises every other religion which isn’t Christianity. People must boycott this violent game.

“Games like this poison the minds of young people.”

Terry Sanderson, the president of the National Secular Society, said: “Fundamentalists on both the Christian and the Muslim side are creating this kind of nasty, extreme propaganda and aiming it at young people. I’m not into banning things or censoring them, but I think most Muslims and most Christians would recognise that this is crude and despicable hate-mongering and give it a wide berth.”

The creators of the game have dismissed the criticism, saying that the religious story- line in the game is not taken from the Bible and is a creation of the Left Behind authors, which should not be taken seriously.

Troy A. Lyndon, the chief executive of Left Behind Games, said: “The game is designed to be a classic battle between good and evil. We have deliberately censored the blood and it does not gratuitously depict death or violence. Left Behind is not taken from the Bible, it is a fictional story.”
Story Here

Ah, Christians. Behind their meager overly-friendly demeanor is a hidden demented religiously-backed genocidal maniac.

Face Plant

Krampus is coming
Aug 8, 2004
Skinner Box
Anyone play Medieval Total War2, the Pope orders you to raise a Crusader army to pwn Muslims in the Holy Land. I hope they don't go after this game, it s one of my favorites.

Nov 18, 2006
Anyone play Medieval Total War2, the Pope orders you to raise a Crusader army to pwn Muslims in the Holy Land. I hope they don't go after this game, it s one of my favorites.
Yeah and you can raise a jihad to regain the lost country's to the cristian dogs and pwn the christians.:)
Mtw2 is a awesome game just as mtw and rome total war

rand0m

you remind me of gay
Feb 15, 2005
So fucking what? Your a bigger tard for actually believing the stuff in the games.

I mean do people get upset about killing germans in ww2 games?

a7x1337

Metal: Testosterone Music
Jul 18, 2005
Colorado Springs
to the extent of my knowledge, you're not a Christian going around beheading jews or hindus. doesnt it say you're fighting the antiChrist's legions?
that's not racist. the 'antiChrists's legions' would be a force of evil, similar to the Covenant in Halo, or the witch in Banjo Kazooie.

stop pissing your pants in glee because it's a violent Christian game.

waterbottl

Happiness goddamn rules!
Oct 24, 2005
Ontario
to the extent of my knowledge, you're not a Christian going around beheading jews or hindus. doesnt it say you're fighting the antiChrist's legions?
that's not racist. the 'antiChrists's legions' would be a force of evil, similar to the Covenant in Halo, or the witch in Banjo Kazooie.

Uh, no, the " Anti-Christ's Legions" are anyone who isn't Christian according to the game. It's so extreme even christian groups are protesting it.:confused:quint:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/leftbehindeternalforces/news.html?sid=6162477&mode=recent

Tazer

REMEMBER! STAY HYDRATED!
Nov 16, 2004
Coming to a city near you
We must create a game that allows people to kill indescriminately... Wait, they already have games like that out, and they say they poison the minds of the youth. God, maybe we should create a game where you put flowers in soldiers guns and see how well that sells!

whocares

Jan 9, 2005
Mexico
www.google.com
Wow. I think I was wrong. People are quite quick to jump to the defense of Christianity.
Yeah, I for once, will not defend the game, but christians have every right to make this game...

As long as kids don't emulate the behaviour represented in there is OK. I mean, in FF7 you start as a terrorist... that didn't stop the game from being released...

Ace Hippie

I am the law!
Premium
Sep 23, 2004
Somewhere worse than hell
The real problem, from what I've read, is that the game just isn't very good.

As for the story itself, the enemy in the series is the UN, basically. Christians can serve the Antichrist, actually, if they aren't true believers.

Devastation

Fac et Spera
Premium
Apr 14, 2004
Indiana
I'm currently writing plans for a video game which I plan on forcing some poor programmer to program.

I call it "Thor's Revenge", or, "The Day Jesus Got His".

Feb 8, 2006

a brainwashing christian game? quite hypocritical (sure is hah), i wonder if senators will be mad about this game, probably not. if this was a violent muslim videogame there would be outrage. in this game, you're either extremel y catholic or "the antichrist"

man religion blows.

this is actually in the game and this is off the gamespot review

Enemy units feature college-trained secularists, devils, and foul-mouthed rock stars with their electric twangers. Stereotypes are everywhere.Female units are actually designated as such and given ridiculous titles like "Friend Woman" and "Medic Woman," a sexual distinction that unsurprisingly isn't extended to their male counterparts. Finally, the game isn't politically correct when it comes to race, either, because a fair number of the bad guys bear Arab and African names.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2006
Story Here

Ah, Christians. Behind their meager overly-friendly demeanor is a hidden demented religiously-backed genocidal maniac.
There is nothing in the Bible which prohibits self defense. And the friendly demeanor is just as real as the fire with which Christians will fight to defend their homes and loved ones.

I'm reminded of the slogan of the San Francisco Police Department:

Gold in Peace Iron in War.
When Islamists are told to slay the disbelievers we must recognize that it is the exact nature of one's religious belief or disbelief in Islam that makes one an infidel.

So if you are targeted because of your religion why shouldn't you defend yourself?

I think your stereotyping of Christians has just been exposed.

waterbottl

Happiness goddamn rules!
Oct 24, 2005
Ontario
There is nothing in the Bible which prohibits self defense. And the friendly demeanor is just as real as the fire with which Christians will fight to defend their homes and loved ones.

I'm reminded of the slogan of the San Francisco Police Department:

When Islamists are told to slay the disbelievers we must recognize that it is the exact nature of one's religious belief or disbelief in Islam that makes one an infidel.

So if you are targeted because of your religion why shouldn't you defend yourself?

I think your stereotyping of Christians has just been exposed.
So whenever a Muslim does absolutely anything you freak out but if a Christian wants to wipe out all non-Christians that's A-OK? Since when is trying to wipe out the UN equivalent self-defense? I also think that it's funny how you completely ignore all of Goth's other posts condemning Muslim actions to make him look bad in your mindless babble of a post. All extremists are bad, not just the Muslim ones buddy.

Jan 26, 2006
So whenever a Muslim does absolutely anything you freak out but if a Christian wants to wipe out all non-Christians that's A-OK? Since when is trying to wipe out the UN equivalent self-defense? I also think that it's funny how you completely ignore all of Goth's other posts condemning Muslim actions to make him look bad in your mindless babble of a post. All extremists are bad, not just the Muslim ones buddy.
Sorry to Goth.

But the nature of Christianity's threat to the world does not come from Biblical instructions.

The Islamic threat does.

Christians who kill do so WITHOUT Biblical sanction. Islamists do it WITH Koranic sanction.

There is NO comparing Christianity with Islam.

Here are some articles:

Jihad du Jour (Latest News of the Day)

Christian Women Freed after Months of Muslim Torture...

Boston Imams 'Happen to' Have Close Relations to LeT...

Islamic Fundamentalists Chase Christians from the Holy Land

Michigan Transit Changes Policy to Allow Face Coverings...

Would-be Christmas Bomber: 'The Time for Jihad is Now'...

Iran: Thousands Rally for Freedom...

Arabs Raping Africans 'with Impunity'...

Saudis Head Off Drug Smuggling

Resuscitated Muslim Complains of 'Mouth-to-Mouth' by Infidels...

Islamic Terror's War on You

Islamic Extremists Slaughter a Family, Including Two Female Teachers and a Boy...

Seduced by Propaganda, Young Turks Join the Jihad...

Family of Three Gunned Down in Cold Blood...

Ahmadinejad Reassures Hamas: 'Israel's Days are Numbered'...

Attack on a Saudi Prison Leaves 2 Guards Dead...

More Civilians Killed in Afghan Suicide Blast...

Full List of Islamic Terror Attacks...

Articles & Commentary

CAIR's Free Speech Crackdown (TownHall.com)

CAIR sets its sights on punishing Dennis Prager for daring to speak out against the impending "swearing on the Qur'an". Someone needs to tell them that they aren't in charge… yet.

Holy Wisdom… Or Not (Victor Hanson)

The Pope's visit to Turkey was a case-study in one-way religious tolerance.
While delighting the world press, it is also a terrific example of how the West is being defeated by double standards.

"The End of America" (Investors Business Daily)
To some in the Arab word, the ISG report means just that.

Gymnasium Jihad (FrontPage Magazine)
An excellent article on the peevish demands that Islam makes of others, even as it denies basic rights to religious minorities under its own rule.

CAIR's Bump in the Road (PipeLineNews)
The recent sentencing of a chapter founder on terror charges is just one of the many reminders that CAIR has a dangerous ulterior agenda.

How to End Terrorism (Daniel Pipes)
The battle is as much philosophical as it is military.

Is Islam a Tolerant Religion? (6th Column Against Jihad)
It depends on whom you ask. Muslim apologists say one thing. History and the words of Muhammad say another.

(Video) "There are no Innocent Non-Muslims" (BBC)
For anyone who still hasn't figured out why Muslims kill non-Muslims, British cleric Anjem Choudary make it painfully clear.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2006
Sorry to Goth.

But the nature of Christianity's threat to the world does not come from Biblical instructions.

The Islamic threat does.

Christians who kill do so WITHOUT Biblical sanction. Islamists do it WITH Koranic sanction.

There is NO comparing Christianity with Islam.
WRONG, christianity has killed 100's of millions throughout the centuries and is the most violent religion in history, those millions were killed in the name of "God" and "jesus" and the bible, the bible contains, terrible, horrible and downright disturbing "morals". these are justa few of them. such as, kill your neighbor, kill all gays, kill rape victims, keep child sex slaves, enslave your enemy, kill those who worship other gods.

your bible is EVIL, AND THE BIBLE SANCTIONS IT! christians kill in name of the bible all the time, lord's resistance army, army of god, IRA, tons of them, you just pick and choose, again eieio you are a joke, and completely laughable, since you have no morals, ann coulter lover, you agree with her on her disgusting 9/11 quote.

Genesis

17:14 And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.

Exodus

11:7 But against any of the children of Israel shall not a dog move his tongue, against man or beast: that ye may know how that the LORD doth put a difference between the Egyptians and Israel.

"Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." Thousands of innocent women have suffered excruciating deaths because of this verse. 22:18

"He who sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the Lord only, he shall be utterly destroyed." If this commandment is obeyed, then the four billion people who do not believe in the biblical god must be killed. 22:20

23:24 Thou shalt not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do after their works: but thou shalt utterly overthrow them, and quite break down their images.

23:27 I will send my fear before thee, and will destroy all the people to whom thou shalt come, and I will make all thine enemies turn their backs unto thee.

23:32 Thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor with their gods.

31:14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

32:27 And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.

35:3 Ye shall kindle no fire throughout your habitations upon the sabbath day.

Leviticus

20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

20:15 And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast.

20:16 And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

20:17 And if a man shall take his sister, his father's daughter, or his mother's daughter, and see her nakedness, and she see his nakedness; it is a wicked thing; and they shall be cut off in the sight of their people: he hath uncovered his sister's nakedness; he shall bear his iniquity.

20:18 And if a man shall lie with a woman having her sickness, and shall uncover her nakedness; he hath discovered her fountain, and she hath uncovered the fountain of her blood: and both of them shall be cut off from among their people.

20:23 And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them.

Jul 20, 2005
WRONG, christianity has killed 100's of millions throughout the centuries and is the most violent religion in history, those millions were killed in the name of "God" and "jesus" and the bible, the bible contains, terrible, horrible and downright disturbing "morals". these are justa few of them. such as, kill your neighbor, kill all gays, kill rape victims, keep child sex slaves, enslave your enemy, kill those who worship other gods.

your bible is EVIL, AND THE BIBLE SANCTIONS IT! christians kill in name of the bible all the time, lord's resistance army, army of god, IRA, tons of them, you just pick and choose, again eieio you are a joke, and completely laughable, since you have no morals, ann coulter lover, you agree with her on her disgusting 9/11 quote.

Genesis

17:14 And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.

Exodus

11:7 But against any of the children of Israel shall not a dog move his tongue, against man or beast: that ye may know how that the LORD doth put a difference between the Egyptians and Israel.

"Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." Thousands of innocent women have suffered excruciating deaths because of this verse. 22:18

"He who sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the Lord only, he shall be utterly destroyed." If this commandment is obeyed, then the four billion people who do not believe in the biblical god must be killed. 22:20

23:24 Thou shalt not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do after their works: but thou shalt utterly overthrow them, and quite break down their images.

23:27 I will send my fear before thee, and will destroy all the people to whom thou shalt come, and I will make all thine enemies turn their backs unto thee.

23:32 Thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor with their gods.

31:14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

32:27 And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.

35:3 Ye shall kindle no fire throughout your habitations upon the sabbath day.

Leviticus

20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

20:15 And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast.

20:16 And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

20:17 And if a man shall take his sister, his father's daughter, or his mother's daughter, and see her nakedness, and she see his nakedness; it is a wicked thing; and they shall be cut off in the sight of their people: he hath uncovered his sister's nakedness; he shall bear his iniquity.

20:18 And if a man shall lie with a woman having her sickness, and shall uncover her nakedness; he hath discovered her fountain, and she hath uncovered the fountain of her blood: and both of them shall be cut off from among their people.

20:23 And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them.
Who is killing in the name of their religion today? You can turn a blind eye to modern problems and keep bitching about the past, or you can recognize the truth of what is going on right now.