Do You Believe Karma Is Real?

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What do you think? Why?

• Total voters

OLIAX

TOP EROM EKOMS
Premium
well I always try to be as nice as I can and it seems to pay off so yes

I forgot to say my opinion which is a definate NO.
Good or bad nobody acts a certain way all the time. I think karma is in people's imaginations and there's no way a random act of kindness could spur good or bad effects

A

Amnesic ///M

I forgot to say my opinion which is a definate NO.
Good or bad nobody acts a certain way all the time. I think karma is in people's imaginations and there's no way a random act of kindness could spur good or bad effects
Aww damnit and I walked that old lady across the street for nothing :banghead:

Q_UP_AND_C_Y

Aussie Pride
Aww damnit and I walked that old lady across the street for nothing :banghead:
No you walked her across the road because you wanted to fuck her.

Same as was said above, I believe Karma is just something somebody dreamed up and forced it onto every other superstitious person.

Furthermore it's a self-fulfilling prophesy (Meaning if you want to see it, it will appear) and selfish in principle "I'm only doing this for the positive result" There's nothing wrong with being nice as long as you're doing it genuinely and not doing it for the supposed reward. I'll be one of the first to admit i'm an asshole and do cruel things and laugh at immature humor but that doesn't mean I'll pay for it, does it? However it's these karma-holics me thinks are the one who are hiding from their true selves and use karma as a crutch to do good things and pride themselves on doing good things and expect recognition for those good things when in fact these people are self-centered. Agree or disagree? I think karma was invented as a solution for guilt and one's own conscience weighing you down. Sad as it sounds these days I ignore it more and more.

edit p.s. i'm glad to see this topic is pulling people out of the woodwork :)
I'd like to try to understand everyone's opinion

Last edited:

SIKKENT

By Name and Nature
^^completely agree. sure it helps to be good to people, but it doesnt mean youll get good things in return. look at jesus, helps people then gets whacked up onto a cross. every mafia boss in history, prders the hits on numerous people and drive mercs and porsches till they die.

its bullshit, all good that comes from good deeds is purely coincidental.

Nemo

omeN
Premium
Furthermore it's a self-fulfilling prophesy (Meaning if you want to see it, it will appear) and selfish in principle "I'm only doing this for the positive result" There's nothing wrong with being nice as long as you're doing it genuinely and not doing it for the supposed reward. I'll be one of the first to admit i'm an asshole and do cruel things and laugh at immature humor but that doesn't mean I'll pay for it, does it? However it's these karma-holics me thinks are the one who are hiding from their true selves and use karma as a crutch to do good things and pride themselves on doing good things and expect recognition for those good things when in fact these people are self-centered. Agree or disagree? I think karma was invented as a solution for guilt and one's own conscience weighing you down. Sad as it sounds these days I ignore it more and more.

edit p.s. i'm glad to see this topic is pulling people out of the woodwork :)
I'd like to try to understand everyone's opinion
ive never actually looked at i likethat...doing somethig good so that something good happens to you...

refoops

no direction home
I'm a superstitious person, I live on luck and karma, but I never think about weather it's real, or not.

Why would I.

when youre nice, you attract nice people, who are naturally nice in return.

WHen you do someone a favor, theyll naturally want to give back.

If you live as an asshole, youre gonna attract assholes and bad responses. We pretty much attract those we can relate with.

So you get the sense that karma is real, but its nothing mystical.

Mind-Phyx

Starship Trooper
I voted yes because

On Thursday I stayed home from school, because I was too tired to go, but just faked sick.

Then I got really sick on friday and I'm still sick :(

I never think about weather it's real, or not.

Why would I.
Someone once said, "The unexamined life is not worth living"

I voted yes because

On Thursday I stayed home from school, because I was too tired to go, but just faked sick.

Then I got really sick on friday and I'm still sick :(
heh, that's funny. But do you think you got sick BECAUSE you faked it?

when youre nice, you attract nice people, who are naturally nice in return.

WHen you do someone a favor, theyll naturally want to give back.

If you live as an asshole, youre gonna attract assholes and bad responses. We pretty much attract those we can relate with.

So you get the sense that karma is real, but its nothing mystical.
That's an interesting thought I'm gonna wrap my mind around that for a while..
Thanks for your input :)

Last edited:

Awesome-o

Religious Figure
The rule of karma is that if you do it out of greed - feed poor hoping to win the lottery - then it wont work. You actions must be selfless, but then you get the question: do we do anything selfless? We feed the poor to feel good about it, we visit a sick friend because then you wont have the guilt and such.

So no, no karma for me.

Besides its a Hindu thing thats been twisted by western culture and I am an anti-theist.

Well, Karma depends on people you know. It takes other people to make karma work. I also use the phrase to make some situations funny.