Dont Loot Video

P

punkrockposer

Dude, those soldiers are assholes - i mean damn, the guy was stealing some wood - and thats wrong of him to do, but the soldiers didnt have to smash his car for that. That car was that guys life, that was his job - to drive people around and he got paid for it. The soldiers way of reacting to the guy stealing the wood was excessive. I mean i think anyone would agree with that - unless your one of those guys who are like "Screw that, he was stealing, he got what he deserved." Seriously, have any of you guys stolen something? Imagine getting your life, your way of making money, imagine it getting crushed. That would suck. Those soldiers are a discrace to the U.S.
NOFX(band) was right with all their political crap when they sang the lyrics
-"idiots are taking over" i mean seriously look at Bush, look at these soldiers, they are idiots. I hope that no one takes any offense of any kind to this, but to see that, it just pisses me off. " United States Army - Tankers Huahh!" Thats a bunch of shit. - punkrockposer

Yeti Patrol

Rub my belly.
Premium
Dec 17, 2003
CA
Theres alot more of these incidents we don't know about, and there are also thousands upon thousands more soliders who are civil and just. :)

K

Kanism

that's the saddest part of it all...for every Pat Tillman in the armed forces...there are hordes of misplaced bullies with the world's artillery at their fingertips...the military is supposed to shape these fuckers up, not empower them to fuck with the powerless...and fucking trying to push our culture on other people...sad, that is...

born2lose

qua omsa lagee wann
Apr 5, 2004
berlin, NJ
bezz.homelinux.com
damn that video pissed me off. That group of people deserve to get kicked out of the military, and their homes and posessions blown up. Stealing some wood while the looting was still going on does not justify destroying a man's career. I hope the looter had car insurance coverage for idiot soldier attacks :) They didnt even bother to return the wood; just crushed it. The more videos I see like this, the more I think we need to admit we may have made a mistake and are only making things worse for them. I mean, I can't imagine how many Iraqi families have been destroyed by this war. People talk about the humans that Sadaam has tortured and killed, but look how many Iraqis America has killed....
This website puts things into perspective: http://www.mykeru.com/bodycount.html

George W out. Stern forever.

Last edited:
R

RumpledAcademic

I Agree

I agree, but acknowledge that there are going to be people like those soldiers in every walk of life, every job, and there's nothing we can do about it. The Military is the worst, because it encourages bullying and abuse and gives them the means as well, whereas a chartered accountant might not have the same opportunities. I'm an Australian, and I don't know more than the stories I hear about "American News Reports that never report outside the US unless it is directly related to America" and stuff like that you guys don't have Universal Health Care. (I'm still getting over that one). But I know that nearly all Americans are good people, despite what their Government has made them.
This thread seems to have morphed into talking about Bush, so, if anyone is interested, hear is an Australian view of him:
When Clinton was in office, you never heard ANY anti-America jokes and stories from Australians, well not any I knew. Everyone just kind of liked him, and America was seen as a protective very big brother to us. Since Bush, however, it's as if that brother started using heroin, was continually attacking strangers for no reason in front of us while he abused himself with various sharp implements. Ask ANYONE in my high-school right now what they think of America at the moment and you'll probably hear one of the many jokes circulating at the moment, which, unfortunately doesn't stop at the Bush-Cheny-Ashcroft "Axis of Evil" but extends to all Americans. Few are truly serious in their opposition, they are just making fun of an easy target. Things are rolling, though. Our Opposition Leader Mark Latham is gathering suport almost as fast as little Johnny Howard (our prime (shudder) minister) is losing it. Latham isn't perfect, but hey, he's better: he's a start. And from what I hear, your Senator Kerry guy seems to be doing allright for himself, so who knows?
All I know is that YOU GUYS have the power. Yes, I'm talking to YOU. I assume almost all the people reading this will be American, so if you're of voting age, GODDAMNIT VOTE! If you're not of voting age, make (er... "encourage") all the voting age people you know (who are sane) vote. In Australia, voting is compulsory, and I'm not voting age, so I can't do much, but you American guys can. Send the big brother to rehab, and don't let him near any knives (OK, maybe I'm pushing this analogy a bit far. Yeah, I am. I should stop now. Good idea). If Bush wins your next election (rigged though it may be) I...I... I'll probably step back and watch the religious extremeist currently running your country attack France, Libya, North Korea, South Korea ("no sense leaving a job half done" they'll say), Uzbekistan, Agfanistan (just to make sure there isn't a square centimetre left unbombed) and China. Then wait for Day 2 of his Presidency.

A

Alphabeto

Id like to question the credibility of this video. I can make a video like that on my camera, and dress up like police officers beating up a black man, and stick it on here, and everyone would believe it.

A

aka76

Fucked UP

After seeing this video my entire day got fucked up. How sad is that? You've got 8-10 poor, helpless, near starving Iraqis on their knees, and you crush the only piece of shit car they have because they stole some wood! They were probably stealing the wood to build themselves a shelter since most of them have tents for homes now that we bombed their homes to the ground. It was a pathetic move in every aspect and those clowns shouldn't even be considered soldiers. By the way, notice how they were all Latino or Black. I'm not suggesting anything racist, just pointing out the fact that all one has to do is a little conductive reasoning to come to the conclusion that given the oppurtunity, people who are given the label "minorities" with racist upbringing in a racist ass country, will treat people who are in a worse position the same fucked up way white america has treated them. :D

marshalldylan10

Resident Timothy Leary
Jan 26, 2004
Strawberry Fields
born2lose said:
and their homes and posessions blown up.
Well, what good would that do? You are angry about how bad it is to destroy someones property, or a car in this matter, but you still think its right to blow up there stuff? Seems a little hypocritical. Don't get me wrong, what those guys did was very uncalled for, and should of handled it in a different matter.

A

Alphabeto

Yeah, im sure its real...

Dont you guys think that this would be all over the news by now???

Its fake.

chod

Premium
Nov 26, 2003
Fake? of course its real, theres so much shit that goes on in iraq, like in the newspaper today i saw an iraq which the americans stripped down and he was handcuffed too a metal door, i also some americans making the iraq's go on there knees with leashes around there necks.

V

verbatim350

The problem here is that soldiers are not policeman. Soldiers are trained to kill and blow things up, not serve and protect. Put yourself in the soldier's shoes; you see these Iraqis shoot at you every day, they do not appreciate your presence, they call you pigs, they hate you, and they kill your buddies and then they drag their bodies around and dance on them. How could someone as a soldier not get frustrated with this on a daily basis? No human can, thats why these soldiers are lashing out, they were completley immoral in their actions and took it out on the wrong people, but it was an act that clearly shows how frustrated coalition soldiers are becoming. Maybe the US military should look into creating a division that operates very similar to a police department, with officers who have been trained to serve and protect.

To those that think the US should pull out because things could get worse, do you have any idea how much is at stake in Iraq? American commitment to our values, American credibility, American prestige, and possible transformation of the middle east is at stake. You all seem pissed about being mislead about why there was war, which is understandable, but we have made a huge commitment being there and being pissed about that is far less imporant than losing so much by pulling out of Iraq.

A

Alphabeto

viper22 said:
Fake? of course its real, theres so much shit that goes on in iraq, like in the newspaper today i saw an iraq which the americans stripped down and he was handcuffed too a metal door, i also some americans making the iraq's go on there knees with leashes around there necks.

Alright, maybe we should send the link to CNN news. IM sure theyll just laugh at you.

P

punkrockposer

it is real

Alphabeto - this footage is real. Its from a PBS Broadcast called
"Frontline: Truth, War, and Consequences". You can watch the entire 90 minute program here
----> http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/truth/view/

Its all real, the points that they make are really good, they make points on both sides of the story - why it is good, and why it is bad. - punkrockposer

born2lose

qua omsa lagee wann
Apr 5, 2004
berlin, NJ
bezz.homelinux.com
marshalldylan10 said:
Well, what good would that do? You are angry about how bad it is to destroy someones property, or a car in this matter, but you still think its right to blow up there stuff? Seems a little hypocritical. Don't get me wrong, what those guys did was very uncalled for, and should of handled it in a different matter.
Ok tell me if this is just. You are driving your car 65 in a 55 and a cop pulls you over. He tells you to get out of your car and pull your pant leg up. He then pulls out a saw and cuts off your ankle. Then he says "We posted the speed limit but you wouldn't listen. US police department Huah! Thats what you get when you speed."
Is this fair? no. You would be outraged. Treatment like this might just be the reason why the Iraqis are killing us.

T

THE_D!RTY_ON3

Hahahaha!

another great vid on this great site! those bastard deserve any all punishment that is handed to them! they shouldnt of emptied the bullets on the car, they shoulda emptied the gun on the people! :eek: thats right! on the people! but thats my opinion :D

R

rsog2000

Alphabeto said:
Yeah, im sure its real...

Dont you guys think that this would be all over the news by now???

Its fake.
Maybe if you didn't watch Faux News so much you'd have a different opinion on this war...but it sounds as though you like to be spoon-fed lies.

J

jay_121985

livelihood? not quite

Every taxi in Iraq is required to have special orange bumpers. That Iraqi guy was not telling the truth(gasp). I think that if those men never looted again, the car smashing could be rationlized, otherwise, it was a waste of the tank's gas.

A

Alphabeto

rsog2000 said:
Maybe if you didn't watch Faux News so much you'd have a different opinion on this war...but it sounds as though you like to be spoon-fed lies.
Hmm Maybe i dont even watch Faux news. Maybe i dont like to be spoon-fed lies. Maybe you do, by beliving this video. Maybe youve heard about the other attacks on prisoners that turned out to be fake? Maybe me thinking that this video was fake, and was funny, doesnt mean that that is my opinion on this war?