Famous bands you can't stand.

Wurby Tictoc

Come to Daddy
Aug 3, 2004
Georgia
If I had to pick one, Nirvana.

It wasn't bad enough that Kurt Cobain had to become a Christ figure, so his fans try desperately to convince themselves that he was murdered. I mean, why would a depressed, heroine-using rock star who tried to fail at music by deliberately releasing songs he thought would never be radio-friendly like Rape Me, possibly kill himself?

RJCanty

100% Grade A British Beef
Premium
Mar 24, 2005
Red Hot Chilli Peppers :banghead:

All emo shit
All new shit
All "punk" shit like Greenday (although I like old punk).
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin

T

t3h dude

Wow I'm surprised no one mentioned Gorillaz yet. God, do they suck! They're not even fucking real! :banghead:

T

t3h dude

lameassdude said:
Hate to break it to you doll, but their just as mainstream as anyone...Do you know what mainstream is! :icon_rofl
Face it, on this forum:

Mainstream is Underground, and Underground is Mainstream.

It may not make sense, but with the amount of people who get flamed here for liking a mainstream band, it would start to make sense after a while.

ThaiTanium22

VR6 can nevar lose!!!
Aug 19, 2005
USA
I don't think being mainstream is bad simply because the "counter-mainstream" bands like Led Zeppelin have their own fans that make it mainstream. It's the same thing for rebelling against something. As soon as you find someone who agrees with you there's not much to rebel against.

Z
Travmire said:
Yeah, I agree about the big deal part. I don't hate them, but if they were a band today, everone would be comparing them to The Killers and Greenday. They were just a pop rock band that wrote love songs and weren't great musicians.
the difference is that their music has stood the test of time for the better part of 40 years. doesn;t matter what anyone says, they were all great musicians. bottom line, the point of being a musician to make music and the beatles did a damn fine job of it.

it sounds as though you haven't heard a lot from the beatles cause poppy love songs are just a part of their music. they wrote a lot of other songs too.

Travmire

The Pillsbury Postboy
Feb 26, 2005
USA
ziggy said:
the difference is that their music has stood the test of time for the better part of 40 years. doesn;t matter what anyone says, they were all great musicians. bottom line, the point of being a musician to make music and the beatles did a damn fine job of it.

it sounds as though you haven't heard a lot from the beatles cause poppy love songs are just a part of their music. they wrote a lot of other songs too.
I'll admit to not being a huge fan. I don't think they were great musicians. They were all right, but there are many people who are better.

I know they wrote other songs, but they are popular because of their love songs like Hey Jude.

They were very influential, and they changed music forever, but if they were alive today they would be nothing more than just another pop rock band.

swchblade34

banned of brothers
Jun 19, 2005
Chicago
ac/dc.

i used to love them, then all of the *rap lovers* in my school tried to go all hard rock loving and everyone wore those ac/dc shirts u can buy at target and they were always listening to them on their walkmens and stuff and i just got sick of them really fast.

i still got most of their cd's tho

L

lameassdude

t3h dude said:
Face it, on this forum:

Mainstream is Underground, and Underground is Mainstream.

It may not make sense, but with the amount of people who get flamed here for liking a mainstream band, it would start to make sense after a while.
Shut up n00b. I know what the fuck I'm talking about, don't tell me what's going to make sense after a while.

Anyway. Led Zeppelin is fucking Mainstream (and their not underground now) have you not seen the fucking children walking around with the t-shirts on?

I really can't agree with what your saying now that I think about it because all the videos that you see are mainstream, and that's what the kids like. All the bands you go see on weekends that make their own CDs, t-shirts, etc, would be underground and I don't see their video on MTV, so I think you have your defination screwed up.

Sep 20, 2005
^ what age is considered children?

I dont like AC/DC... definetly dont like nirvana, all the new stuff... and all of system of a downs new stuff, every song on their self titled album was so good and heavy and it certainly set a bar too high for them (plus all the emo kids like them now because of BYOB wich suked balls anyway)

Rev'd_Flasher

Fast as a Shark
Jul 20, 2005
London, England
Oasis, Blur and that whole bunch that were labelled 'cool Britannia'. If there was any chapter in British music history that should be left out, it's that whole sorry era.
U2. They haven't done anything worth listening to since about 1985. They disappeared up their own arses and seemed to have stayed there.
REM. The only word I can use to describe their music is this: dull. Another lot that released one mega successful album after a few years of trying and immediately disappeared up their own arses.

Nov 28, 2004
swchblade34 said:
ac/dc.

i used to love them, then all of the *rap lovers* in my school tried to go all hard rock loving and everyone wore those ac/dc shirts u can buy at target and they were always listening to them on their walkmens and stuff and i just got sick of them really fast.

i still got most of their cd's tho
So... you stopped listening to ac/dc because other people started listening to it? You guys that say mainstream shit sucks just because its mainstream make me want to castrate a small child.