great live bands

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

a7x1337

Metal: Testosterone Music
we know there are bad live bands - those that disappoint or suck live.

but how about those bands where you're not expecting much, and you're blown away, or a band that like you, but exceeds their album work?

i'm going to have to go with avenged sevenfold on this one. yeah, yeah, i know. but i've got a friend who agrees, and a friend who used to hate a7x who saw them during the coheed tour, and admitted that they're 'very good live.'

subin

beast mode
I'm going with Phish or Grateful Dead. They're both amazing live. Probably the two best live bands ever IMO. Their jams are incredible.

Takeoff

I appreciate ***** girls
Old Crow Medicine Show...great connection with the crowd and same quality live (if not better on some songs) as on cd

Flogging Molly-they play everything faster and heck, it's better

Spank666

Clinically proven
Premium
Flogging Molly-they play everything faster and heck, it's better
Fuck yeah man, Flogging Molly is one hell of a concert.

And Paul Rodgers definitely surprised me at the Queen concert. Far exceeded my expectations.

Ænema

I'm going with Phish or Grateful Dead. They're both amazing live. Probably the two best live bands ever IMO. Their jams are incredible.
Not trying to start shit, but the Phish show I saw sucked so much. It was so hot and they played like shit. I like Phish, but for some reason they were off that night, and I know they are a better live band.

Tool was amazing. They played great. I really enjoyed Pearl Jam and Motley Crue too.

tripb19

I'm fucking smart.
I think I've seen between 100 and 150 bands live, and I haven't enjoyed a concert as much as I did seeing Opeth at the Forum. Akerfeldt's guitar tone and voice in real life have to be heard to be believed. They were absolutely flawless.

I Like Me

We Vibrate, We Do
Cannibal Corpse were awesome live. I never really listened to them, but they kicked my ass. That guy can fucking growl.

I think I've seen between 100 and 150 bands live, and I haven't enjoyed a concert as much as I did seeing Opeth at the Forum. Akerfeldt's guitar tone and voice in real life have to be heard to be believed. They were absolutely flawless.
I have recently been to an Opeth gig, and I must admit his stage presence is unreal. I couldn't believe it. It was well worth the money, he actually has a bit of a reputation for comedy on stage as well :)

"Hello, we are here to play some metal, some heavy metal for you" :p

murdered

I brake for humans
Cannibal Corpse were awesome live. I never really listened to them, but they kicked my ass. That guy can fucking growl.
Cannibal Corpse have been awesome every time I've seen them live. Also, Suffocation put on fantastic and full of energy shows too. Cryptopsy - is there anything better than the singer feeding the crowd worms out of a silver goblet? No there isn't. :hilarious:

eadgbe

It's ice cream, pervert.
i like soulive a lot, but their live show was WAY above and beyond any of their recorded stuff. so fucking good.

Bah? Are you serious?

They were perhaps the single most boring band I have ever seen live. Sure they could play the music well, but they did dick all for movement and to make it look interesting. I left early because the faggotry was too much.

Aborted and Despised Icon are my favorite live bands to watch. DI IS UNREAL live, sooo much energy.

H

h2o polo player

saw tom petty at the hollywood bowl a few months ago and was blown away at how good he still is. also dave brubeck was incredible, its just not the same without paul desmond thought...

tripb19

I'm fucking smart.
Bah? Are you serious?

They were perhaps the single most boring band I have ever seen live. Sure they could play the music well, but they did dick all for movement and to make it look interesting. I left early because the faggotry was too much.

Aborted and Despised Icon are my favorite live bands to watch. DI IS UNREAL live, sooo much energy.
I'll enjoy my faggotry false metal and you can keep all your extremely obscure bands that you keep recommending to everyone :)