Guitar Players anyone?

  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
B

branscombe420

#1
Anyone in here a really avid guitar player,

Not just like... Pick it up everything now and again player.

I play alot of acoustic, and write my own music.
I play jam nights somenights, but work night shift so.. its hard ta do.

I got a loop pedal few days ago, has drum machine in it too.
and this right 80's delay pedal..

Its fun as fuk. you can sound like a band and not be one..
I got some crazy pink floyd shit going on.

Take a listen,

(its cheezy i know, but my friends tell me to play that floyd loop over and over.)


Tell me what you think----> http://media.putfile.com/JordanB_Demo1
 
C

CowBell

#3
I have been playing guitar for 9 years, which is a surprise as I am 17. I have been playing the Bass for the same amount of time but are nowhere as good. I will upload some files of me playing if anyone wants them. Doubt it, but I would anyway.
 
F

fadetoblack5297

#11
Been playing for 17 years now. Aside from a few things by Zappa and Vai, I can play pretty much anything. Can't read music, so I had to learn by ear.

FTB
 

Remiss

Swingin' The Donkey
Joined
Feb 25, 2005
Messages
1,019
Likes
32
#13
I've been playing 3 or 4 years now. I'm more of a thrash classic / metal kind of guy.

Put it this way, more often than not, my guitar is in drop C.

Still wating for my ESP EC 30'th anaversery edition to get in off of back order. I can't wait to destroy that thing.
 

Sofa King

Kill Self Image
Joined
Dec 20, 2004
Messages
1,811
Likes
152
#14
it's not that good.

not that your skills aren't there, it just needs some structure.

and the notes were all over the place.. pick a key

start slow and post it so we can here the whole thing
 

CheeseMonkeys

My 2004-2005 avatar
Joined
Jun 23, 2004
Messages
3,517
Likes
33
#15
I have been playing 3 years, and i play at least an hour a day. I have 2 fenders (1 of them acoustic) and 1 silvertone. I usally sit there and play whenever i am bored, or watching t.v. I get all my tabs from here. I know just about every major guitar riff and can play it really well. I mostly play electric though. I also play the alto sax.
 
C

CowBell

#16
Remiss said:
I've been playing 3 or 4 years now. I'm more of a thrash classic / metal kind of guy.

Put it this way, more often than not, my guitar is in drop C.

Still wating for my ESP EC 30'th anaversery edition to get in off of back order. I can't wait to destroy that thing.
BFB? I don't know many classic thrash bands with that tuning. I am presuming that classic metal is Motorhead, Maiden, Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer etc. They all use Standard. Drop B is kickass though. Might I suggest a Boss Metal Zone? Cheap now because they are commercialised and overused. Turn up everything on the pedal to 10. Then tune your axe to Standard and play Master of Puppets.

What a rush, playing it perfectly for the first time. A great feeling.
 
B

branscombe420

#17
thats what made me wanna learn guitar.

Master of puppets

i can play it perfect now, and about half the solo.
 

Remiss

Swingin' The Donkey
Joined
Feb 25, 2005
Messages
1,019
Likes
32
#18
CowBell said:
BFB? I don't know many classic thrash bands with that tuning. I am presuming that classic metal is Motorhead, Maiden, Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer etc. They all use Standard. Drop B is kickass though. Might I suggest a Boss Metal Zone? Cheap now because they are commercialised and overused. Turn up everything on the pedal to 10. Then tune your axe to Standard and play Master of Puppets.

What a rush, playing it perfectly for the first time. A great feeling.
Haha, good call. As for the classic thrash, I try not to follow other bands, but link scales. Try dropping it down to Full C, put a moderate distortion (so it doesn't sound sloppy) and start flying through your modes in the key of Eb, with a little bit of petatonic action here and there.
 

Jebsus

\m/ (0.o) \m/
Joined
May 16, 2005
Messages
176
Likes
0
#19
drop c is not for thrash or shread. you could probably do it, but that in no way indicates that you're a shredder.

anyway.. i have some crappy files that i uploaded a few weeks ago. i've been playing guitar for a few years, and i love shredding and soloing. here are the links:
http://media.putfile.com/crazytrain-solo
http://media.putfile.com/Bloodlust-trem
http://media.putfile.com/fast-picking
http://media.putfile.com/tapping-legato
http://media.putfile.com/hardcore-tremelo
http://media.putfile.com/Yngwie-normal
http://media.putfile.com/Eruption25

that doesn't really represent what i can play, but i can pretty much just read a song and learn it pretty fast. i can also read sheet music, which i think is pretty important.
 

Remiss

Swingin' The Donkey
Joined
Feb 25, 2005
Messages
1,019
Likes
32
#20
Jebsus said:
drop c is not for thrash or shread. you could probably do it, but that in no way indicates that you're a shredder.

anyway.. i have some crappy files that i uploaded a few weeks ago. i've been playing guitar for a few years, and i love shredding and soloing. here are the links:
http://media.putfile.com/crazytrain-solo
http://media.putfile.com/Bloodlust-trem
http://media.putfile.com/fast-picking
http://media.putfile.com/tapping-legato
http://media.putfile.com/hardcore-tremelo
http://media.putfile.com/Yngwie-normal
http://media.putfile.com/Eruption25

that doesn't really represent what i can play, but i can pretty much just read a song and learn it pretty fast. i can also read sheet music, which i think is pretty important.
The tuning doesn't indecate anything, except that I like that tuning. You can thrash with a capo at the 12'th if you want to, I just drop it down because I like bass tones. :)