How many hours a day do you work?

S

sunshine

Damn, you're a hard workin man!! I'm going from part time to full time next week, but I'll be working 8 hours a day.

A

Arachnid

Yeah, sucks huh? I'm in a job which requires me to walk all damn day in the frikkin' sun while carrying a 6kg machine, (brushcutter).

My feet hurt. [/bitch session] :D

D

DeeDee

Heh. I do not have that. I am in an office setting, but i am in management so I have to deal with .. well.. babysitting basically.. but yeah.. it sucks.. but my paycheck kicks some ass so it could be worst.

S

sunshine

You've gotta have respect for somebody who's willing to work hard. I just sit in the air conditioning like DeeDee all day. I deal with crazy people :D

A

Arachnid

I can't really bitch too much- I pull in about $675 (Australian) a week. It aint so bad.
I can always pay a podiatrist. :rolleyes:

Big D

Yeah...I love it
I don't work right now...I'm a full time college student, majoring in economics, and that takes up all my time. I saved up last year so that I could pay for school, rent, car, and food while I went to school without working. I haven't worked since the end of July. When I was working, I put in anywhere between 6 and 12 hours a day, depending on how much business there was.

K

Kanism

Arachnid said:
Yeah, sucks huh? I'm in a job which requires me to walk all damn day in the frikkin' sun while carrying a 6kg machine, (brushcutter).

My feet hurt. [/bitch session] :D
but, dude...you'll be tanned and tone come the summer months ;) (i'm tanned without the sun...white people talk shit, but then pay money for the same skin tint...)

anyways...I work twelve hours a day...most of which is spent logged here checking things out and being entertained by everyone...upside is only working 3 1/2 days a week.

Riley

The Freakin Rican
Premium
Feb 3, 2004
I usually work about 4 to 5 hours on Saturday, I know, I know, your thinking "Riley works too hard" :cool:

droogsteve

Back from the dead
Premium
Mar 24, 2003
Bronx, NY
I usually start around 5:30-6:00 am and finish for the day around 4:30-5:00pm, Mon-Fri. But most of my actual work is done by around 9:00 or 10:00 am. The rest of the day I have the occasional meeting, but I mostly just have to stay available for emergencies and questions. I have a lot of downtime during the day, which you can probably tell by my post count.

W

whiteknight

long hours suck i used to do over 52hr weeks sometimes, know am lucky if it it ever makes it over the 35hr mark. work in the public sector pay less work less work in the private sector get better pay work double the hrs.

FireEater

Premiumium User
Premium
Oct 22, 2003
In The Gym
I work 24 hours shifts when at the FD. My schedule is like this:

On one day
Off one day
On one day
Off one day
On one day
Off 4 days

It rotates like that and I work 9 days a month. But I get paid for the whole month.

My part time job hours are usually 6 to 8 hours a day.

FE

droogsteve

Back from the dead
Premium
Mar 24, 2003
Bronx, NY
FireEater said:
I work 24 hours shifts when at the FD. My schedule is like this:

On one day
Off one day
On one day
Off one day
On one day
Off 4 days

It rotates like that and I work 9 days a month. But I get paid for the whole month.

My part time job hours are usually 6 to 8 hours a day.

FE
Whenever I meet someone and they tell me that they're a firefighter I always ask: "Oh yeah, what else?" And they ALWAYS have an answer: Carpenter, sheetrocker, carpet installer, they always have something else going on.

My Dad was a NYC firefighter (and bartender) and he always called the FDNY the best part time job in the world. :D

Timebomb

:O
Premium
Dec 1, 2002
Visit site
I work from 8 am to 7 pm mon thru sat. I get a half day on saturday though. My job,most of the time, is pretty laid back. I work for A dishnetwork retail office, so we get to watch anything we want while work. (500 channels.... :rolleyes: more like 200.)

SickGirl

moshi moshi!
Feb 20, 2004
Lotusland
I work from 9 to 5 with an hour lunch. It's very slow and laid back so most of the time I just screw around online. I'm not complaining, I'm just tired of this place.

catgarvin

*****.ebaumsworld.com
Oct 15, 2003
forum.ebaumsworld.com
Visit site
I work three hours on days when I have one job(actually it takes between two and two and a half hours) and about six on days I have two jobs. Right now I'm off every Thursday and every other Wednesday and weekends.
I clean houses. I could use a few more jobs right now.