I hate my computer so much.

I've been trying desperately for the last half hour or so to download this CD I can't find anywhere. It's Korean and the fucking artist's name is H. That's it. Just H. It's almost impossible to search for it and the few places I've seen where I can buy it say it's no longer available.
I finally found a place that has the tracks available to download, but for some reason, I can't.
The site's here
Basically, I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same problems, or is it just me. I downloaded both of the stream downloaders it says I need, but they didn't do any good. My Windows Media Player keeps saying "Windows Media Player cannot play the file because a network error occurred. The server might not be available. Verify that you are connected to the network and that your proxy settings are correct."
Can anyone help? I'm going crazy over here. Maybe if someone could actually get it to work, they could somehow get working files to me?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jul 29, 2005
az
it says:

asian dude said:
You are trying to access a restricted Kpop Music Uk USA area. This is for Kpop members only

We are Sorry, but this KPop section of our site is for Registered Users Only.

You can register for Kpop Music by clicking here, then you can
access this Kpop Korean Musicsection without restrictions. Thanks.
so no i cant download it.

I found a site where you can download the songs without signing up.
http://www.solid07.net/music/h.shtml
But it's still not working for me. I think it has something to do with my Windows Media Player and mms files and proxy settings, whatever the fuck that all means.
If someone can help me with this, I would be so happy, I might pee myself. If you're able to download the songs, what player or settings are you using?

a/k said:
have you tried on limewire?
Okay, maybe I'm a little internet-stupid here, but what exactly is limewire? I've heard a little about it, but nothing specifically about how it works or anything. (Also, potential legality issues. I'm a good kid.) But seeing's how I've done everything in my power short of traveling to Korea to buy this damned CD, I guess downloading it for free wouldn't be so bad.

Wu-tang

Oyame, chico.
May 6, 2005
Da Bricks
It's just like kazaa and winmx except better. I doubt you'd be able to find the songs there though. If you're looking to buy it then have you tried eBay?

Jul 29, 2005
az
Limewire is basically a peer to peer program. So I can put songs on there, that you can download, and vice versa. Not only songs, but almost anything. With Limewire, there are a lot of results, so you might be able to find something there.

LOL i cant believe you didn't fall for that lemon party trick! we always pull that one on newbies... :)

a/k said:
Limewire is basically a peer to peer program. So I can put songs on there, that you can download, and vice versa. Not only songs, but almost anything. With Limewire, there are a lot of results, so you might be able to find something there.

LOL i cant believe you didn't fall for that lemon party trick! we always pull that one on newbies... :)

Go with ares. Limewire might be closing down soon. See this . Win MX is another one listed and they already closed that. Have you tryed to find it on torrent's?

RJCanty

100% Grade A British Beef
Premium
Mar 24, 2005
God if Limewire closes then I'm fucked. Its the only P2P thing that has always worked fine for me and with no problems.

Don't think I could go to Ares. My Pc hates it with a passion (wireless internet?).

Finally!
After downloading a number of programs and God knows how many viruses trying to get the damned files to play (I think the server just wasn't hosting them any more), I finally found a store that wasn't out of stock of the CD. Some random place in LA that apparently carries a bunch of Korean music/DVDs/etc. It's so awesome. I just put in my order, but seeing's how all my other attempts met with failure, I'm guarding myself. Cautious optimism. It didn't say they were out of stock, so I'm guessing I'm in the clear.
I did go a little overboard, though. I started out just buying the one CD which was $8.99, but the shipping on it was $7.50. Well I wasn't having that. Shipping that's almost as much as the CD? That's crazy. Well, they had this deal where any orders over $50 get free shipping. Sounds good to me. So I tried finding samples of other Korean artists I might like, and, well, I did a bit too well. Suffice it to say, I just dropped 80 bucks on 7 Cds, which isn't so bad as it only comes out to about $11.50 each, but still, it was a little more than I was planning on. Doesn't matter. I'm psyched.

Anyway, thanks to everyone that helped me out. And let this be a lesson to everyone. Something about dedication or . . . obsession? And overzealous spending. It's a great lesson.