I Love the Panoramic Pics

Lance Uppercutt

Jan 20, 2005
I went backpacking in the Trinity Alps this weekend and took some panos.

The valley which we hiked up.
Click

This is Alpine lake, where we camped. The trail to this fucker is an absolute bitch. One section you gain 3000 feet in a mile and a half.
Click

The opposite side of the lake.
Click

Up above the lake.
Click
Click

Some mountains.
Click
Click

I appolgize for the links but some of the files are too large for any of the free hosting sites.

Jul 29, 2005
az
wow, those pictures are so amazing, you must be lucky to have gone on that trip.

but how do you take pan pictures? i have the option on my camera, but when i take the second pick, its so out of line. do you need a tripod?

Lance Uppercutt

Jan 20, 2005
a/k said:
wow, those pictures are so amazing, you must be lucky to have gone on that trip.

but how do you take pan pictures? i have the option on my camera, but when i take the second pick, its so out of line. do you need a tripod?
I take a shitload of pics of the area and use this program to stitch them together.

Edit: That's a cool pano of Berkley

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2005
az
Lance Uppercutt said:
I take a shitload of pics of the area and use this program to stitch them together.

Edit: That's a cool pano of Berkley
wait, do you just take any randome pictures, and does it automaticaly put them together for you? or do you have to do that?

Lance Uppercutt

Jan 20, 2005
a/k said:
wait, do you just take any randome pictures, and does it automaticaly put them together for you? or do you have to do that?
I make sure that each pic will overlap a little so the program can have something match it to.

Lance Uppercutt

Jan 20, 2005
a/k said:
so if you take the right pictures, the program will automatically stitch them together?
Yup, that's the beauty of it. It's really simple to use and does a really good job. You just have to make sure that there arn't any gaps between the photos.

Skelator

Light Dat Ass on Fire
Aug 4, 2004
Philly, Pa...
Fuck you Lance... you always go nice places... i been stuck in pretty much the whole summer... wow one trip to florida... but no u... u gotta go everwhere..... Fuckin prick...

Lance Uppercutt

Jan 20, 2005
a/k said:
so if you take the right pictures, the program will automatically stitch them together?
Yes.

Skelator said:
Fuck you Lance... you always go nice places... i been stuck in pretty much the whole summer... wow one trip to florida... but no u... u gotta go everwhere..... Fuckin prick...
Well to be fair I haven't left the state of California.

G

GLOBALIST

you need one of those cams im guessing that made the matrix famous (i dont know what they're called) to do that.

BattleShip Ron

Oct 21, 2004
Nice work Lance. I'll have to give that program a try.

I found Trinity Lakes with Google Earth but unfortunately the area is not as high quality as your pictures.

Love the mountains!