Jesus Camp - Wanna Be Scared Out of Your Wits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2006
I guess you never read the parts about free will. God doesn't know if you are going to go shoot someone in 5 minutes. That was your own free willed decision. Yet you would still probably blame God for it. In my opinion, anyone who thinks that your entire life is predetermined should do some more research. So yet again, we agree on something. :bigwink:

Oct 27, 2006
NJ
I guess you never read the parts about free will. God doesn't know if you are going to go shoot someone in 5 minutes. That was your own free willed decision. Yet you would still probably blame God for it. In my opinion, anyone who thinks that your entire life is predetermined should do some more research. So yet again, we agree on something. :bigwink:
......if god knows everything then god indeed does know what the future of our timeline is. its so stupid you can say that a prophet or some guy in a cave will predict the end times or future events but then you say ooo god doesnt know what is going to happen hhaha

Nov 27, 2005
......if god knows everything then god indeed does know what the future of our timeline is. its so stupid you can say that a prophet or some guy in a cave will predict the end times or future events but then you say ooo god doesnt know what is going to happen hhaha
Haha good point...

Jun 13, 2006
Why is free will stupid? Most everone has it and uses it. No one God knows my next move, that is free will. And it is covered in the Bible also

Oct 27, 2006
NJ
Why is free will stupid? Most everone has it and uses it. No one God knows my next move, that is free will. And it is covered in the Bible also
haha so you think you know something that god doesnt know, even though god created the universe. free will means that at some point you will make a choice and no matter what the choice is it will have already been there in the timeline. free will is an illusion on the grand scale brotha and your bible is allegorical literature from the first century

Unknown24

Internet:Serious Business
Oct 20, 2006
California, U.S.A.
WTF are you talking about?! Where in the bible does it say God doesn't know your next moves? You obviously never read the bible.....

God sees and knows all things.

Job 42:2
No thought can be withholden from thee.

Psalm 44:21
For he knoweth the secrets of the heart.

Psalm 139:7-8
Whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there; if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

Proverbs 15:3
The eyes of the Lord are in every place.

Jeremiah 16:17
For mine eyes are upon all their ways: they are not hid from my face, neither is their iniquity hid from mine eyes.

Jeremiah 23:24
Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the Lord. Do not I fill heaven and earth?

Acts 1:24
Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men.

Stop talking out of your ass

Apr 13, 2005
I feel embarrassed for uily ... He is getting wrecked on the subject of the religion in which he follows, by a guy who doesn't believe a word of it's scriptures!

Unknown24

Internet:Serious Business
Oct 20, 2006
California, U.S.A.
This is what the Bible says about Free Will

God determines who is going to heaven ...

"And as many as were ordained to eternal life believed." -- Acts 13:48

"For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate.... Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified." -- Romans 8:29-30

"Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began." -- 2 Timothy 1:9

"He hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will." -- Ephesians 1:4-5

"God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation." -- 2 Thessalonians 2:13​

and who is going to hell...

"God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned." -- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12

"For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation." -- Jude 4​

There's nothing you can do about it!

"For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth. .... For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth. Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth. Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will? Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction." -- Romans 9:11-22​

So much for free will....

Status
Not open for further replies.