• Yes

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 54 90.0%

• Total voters

ConanTL

Apr 17, 2005
Germany
Just for fun, I will not only not eat a thing for one week (starting midnight GMT+1) but also read not one, not two, but all three of Immanuel Kant's critiques (critique of pure reason, critique of practical reason and critique of judgement) in their original (german) and uncut form (about 914 pages).

This will be tough for me, since I usually eat quite a lot and I usually fall asleep after reading for more than an hour (and we are talking about Kant who isn't known for casual reading)

So place your bets, will I be able to do it, or not?

I'll post an update every day and keep you guys up to date on my progress and my struggle.

ConanTL

Apr 17, 2005
Germany
cam1lo said:
post pictures. Im sure you will die in the fourth day
I'm quite fat, so I doubt I'll die of starvation anytime soon :D Last year I fasted for 4 days, after I ate so many BBQ ribs, seing food made me feel sick :hilarious: Actually, after about 3 days you don't feel hungry anymore.

I'm not doing it to lose weight. I've just been feeling really exhausted/lazy recently (both mentally and physically) and I'm hoping this will get me back on my feet.

Last edited:
C

CowBell

Orion said:
Good Luck to you!
just remember to drink lots of fluids.
Doesnt fasting mean you can eat, but not in sunlight hours? I knew some kid in school that was on Ramadan, and he could eat as long as he got up at 3 every morning to have dinner.

Orion

Hey Now!!
Apr 1, 2005
Philly
www.youtube.com
CowBell said:
Doesnt fasting mean you can eat, but not in sunlight hours? I knew some kid in school that was on Ramadan, and he could eat as long as he got up at 3 every morning to have dinner.
i think that kind of fasting is for the jewish religion, "real" fasting is no food at all

ConanTL

Apr 17, 2005
Germany
CowBell said:
Well, there are different ways. Some people eat as little as possible. Other just drink juices, and some eat only during specific times. I simply won't eat anything and drink plenty of water.

C

CowBell

Orion said:
i think that kind of fasting is for the jewish religion, "real" fasting is no food at all
Hes Muslim, it is for them too.

Dude, I couldn't fast. Ever. Food is too important to me :/

MiKe

Hoy ya no soy yo
Premium
Jun 11, 2005
across the universe
Not eating anything for a whole week can seriously fuck you up. Not only will you not succeed, you will probably end up with some kind of health problem. The fact that your fat will only make it harder. If you're used to eating a lot and being a chunker, then you're gonna have a lot of trouble changing that out of nowhere. Good luck, but I don't think you can do it.

Slug Moses

Permium User
Apr 17, 2005
I voted no. I'll give you one day. Your stomach will be screaming by the first night and you won't be able to sleep due to pangs. The next morning you'll be at Bob Evan's with your face in the sausage gravy.

Masta Shake

Feb 15, 2005
612 Wharf Avenue
Orion said:
You have no fucking clue what the hell you're talking about. Us Jews fast on Yom Kippur and go all night and all day until sunset. It starts at sundown on the day before Yom Kippur, then you repent and go to temple for all the next day (the actual date of Yom Kippur) and then we break our fast at sundown. Did you actually think you could get away with insulting the Jewish religion and have me not find out about this? If you did, you're gayer than a bunch of Elton John impersonators at a Liberacci concert.

~MS

MarkNucero44

Buddy Rich mmm
Jul 16, 2005
Philly
Heh, yeah I tried fasting once. Completely failed, caved by the third day and lost $12.

This thread might make me fast again. I'm also a little chubby and could lose some for the women but I'll just excersise, fasting never works...unless its just me.

Fibblewith

Mwoopwoopwoop
Aug 20, 2004
I'm going on a semi-fast. I'm only eating an evening meal. So far I've been doing it for a week and I don't get hungry. I did it for a year before and lost 7 pounds and grew a foot.