Karate Master Breaks Bat with Leg

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

video_junkie

Just enjoy the Videos!
Damn that had to hurt something fierce.

Still don't understand what the bat or bricks, etc has to do with the art of fighting-discipline...

nice.

J

Justin-Sane

video_junkie said:
Damn that had to hurt something fierce.

Still don't understand what the bat or bricks, etc has to do with the art of fighting-discipline...

nice.
During training they do whatever they want. Apparently this was just for show. Wouldn;t do much in a real fight but sure as hell tightens those shins man. :bang:

Justin-Sane said:
During training they do whatever they want. Apparently this was just for show. Wouldn;t do much in a real fight but sure as hell tightens those shins man. :bang:
I think if he kicks you in the ass like that, it will hurt. So it will work in a real fight. :)

W

wackydan

That ws garbage. I was watching a special where some guy was holding the bat in the air and another guy did a round kick and kicked the top half off. It was bad ass.

R

RecklessAbandon

wackydan said:
That ws garbage. I was watching a special where some guy was holding the bat in the air and another guy did a round kick and kicked the top half off. It was bad ass.
Yea it would hurt.

It doesn't hurt in the least if you condition your shin on sapplings, etc. I have broken around 8 bats before. Now what I won't do is attempt to dent an alluminium bat. I've seen lots of people bend them but their shins didn't look too great afterwards.

Mr. X

That would be funny if the other students switched it with a metal bat while he was not looking.

P

Phantome

For one:
He's not breaking it at the thickest part of the bat, he's breaking it at the handle.
For two:
For stunts like these, boards and such are indeed often weakened, as Weezel observed.