Karate Master Breaks Bat with Leg

J

Justin-Sane

video_junkie said:
Damn that had to hurt something fierce.

Still don't understand what the bat or bricks, etc has to do with the art of fighting-discipline...

nice.
During training they do whatever they want. Apparently this was just for show. Wouldn;t do much in a real fight but sure as hell tightens those shins man. :bang:

W

wackydan

That ws garbage. I was watching a special where some guy was holding the bat in the air and another guy did a round kick and kicked the top half off. It was bad ass.

R

RecklessAbandon

wackydan said:
That ws garbage. I was watching a special where some guy was holding the bat in the air and another guy did a round kick and kicked the top half off. It was bad ass.
Yea it would hurt.

Sep 2, 2005
It doesn't hurt in the least if you condition your shin on sapplings, etc. I have broken around 8 bats before. Now what I won't do is attempt to dent an alluminium bat. I've seen lots of people bend them but their shins didn't look too great afterwards.

Mr. X

Apr 29, 2005
That would be funny if the other students switched it with a metal bat while he was not looking.

P

Phantome

For one:
He's not breaking it at the thickest part of the bat, he's breaking it at the handle.
For two:
For stunts like these, boards and such are indeed often weakened, as Weezel observed.