Let's talk about suicide

Sep 9, 2006
Australia
I read some where that suicide is not a choice. It's just a reaction that happens when someone who is very troubled experiences more pain than they have the reasources to deal with. Either way I think it takes balls to be able to take your own life. But man, the shit it leaves behind for the people who loved them.

Have you ever considered it? Share your thoughts and stories

Underbelly

Not a plonker
Premium
Mar 10, 2008
cant imagine how bad someones mind would have to be to kill themselves

must be the most helpless feeling with no way out, but words cant do justice to how horrible the actual feeling must be

Brodieman

I film you sleeping
Premium
Feb 6, 2011
Outside your window
I was actually going to post a thread about this the other night. glad someone else did.

Ended up spending all friday night on the phone to a friend I couldn't get to in person talking him out of driving his car over a cliff. Managed to talk him into going home where he proceeded to give me a run down of what knife he just picked up and how its a little blunt and heard his reactions to the blade.

While keeping him on the line, i dialed the paramedics and gave them his address and history of mental illness.

They got to him JUST in time before he bled out, now he has an appointment with a pyschiatrist on friday.

As for me, I've had fleeting thoughts of it but worry about what my family would think of me: a coward? weak? mental? In the end I get distracted by shiny objects and don't think about it anymore

I know this isn't usually a serious forum but this is a pretty heavy subject. Having suffered with depression for years I understand how it feels when the pain is just to much to bear. I also know the other side of this, having a sister who killed herself.

When my daughter was 15 she came to me and told me she didn't want to live anymore. I got her help immediately. Back 30 years ago when my sister was crying out for help in this way everyone hushed it up and told her to "snap out of it" or they thought she just wanted attention.

I'm sure sometimes it is just about attention but if someone is using suicide as an attention grabber they still need help.

Just know, no matter who you are or what your circumstances are it really isn't a solution. When your gone it may be over for you but EVERYONE has somebody whos life will be ruined forever. The world is a better place with you in it, no matter how you feel right now.

tl;dr: Please, Please....don't do it!

Donna Love

♠Ginger Queen of EBW♠
Premium
Jul 14, 2011
In your pants.
I can't even begin to imagine how a suicidal person feels. Unfortunately, I've lost a good friend and a cousin to suicide. The reasons never really seem important enough, but it may have been all they had. That sort of desperation and loneliness is something I never hope to feel.

My cousin, I did not know very well... but, I honestly believe that his suicide was necessary in his case. I know that sounds horrible but... he was sick. I think he killed himself to save others from himself. Without going into great detail... he was dangerous.

Simco876

Radio Free Simco
May 1, 2010
I have no experience on this subject, but I would surround that person with good friends and I would think...problem solved.

Maybe get them laid, how can you think about killing yourself after some great sex? You would just want to chase that feeling...forever.

Sep 22, 2005
ur mom
I think about it a lot. It's awesome that you can end your life whenever you feel like it (or so it seems :confused:quint:). I'm not depressed but I've always imagined myself doing it further down the road. Just to be in control and get it over with

Hank Hill

Fitness
Premium
Apr 5, 2011
I gave it some heavy thought a few years ago. I was really drunk and unhappy with how my life was going and I was giving serious thought to eating this bottle of pills I found laying around. Then I read the label and found out they were laxatives and the idea of shitting myself to death seemed too horrible.

Knew a chick in high school that fucked everything that moved. Whenever a guy threatened to break up with her she would go suicidal. A few months ago her boyfriend ended up hanging himself.

A couple years ago a close friend of mine shot himself in the head.

Epic Fail

Teacher's Pet
Premium
Apr 12, 2010
City of Angels
I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump off.
I immediately ran over and said “Stop! Don’t do it!”

“Why shouldn’t I?” he said.

I said, “Well, there’s so much to live for!”

“Like what?”

“Well … are you religious or atheist?”

“Religious.”

“Me too! Are you Christian or Jewish?”

“Christian.”

“Me too! Are you Catholic or Protestant?”

“Protestant.”

“Me too! Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?”

“Baptist.”

“Wow! Me too! Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?”

“Baptist Church of God.”

“Me too! Are you Original Baptist Church of God, or are you Reformed Baptist Church of God?”

“Reformed Baptist Church of God.”

“Me too! Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1879, or Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915?”

“Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915!”

To which I said, “Die, heretic scum!” and pushed him off.

Gouki

Local Super Villian
Dec 1, 2009
The 1st alphabet
Sadly, during my current depression, I've thought about it several times. But I wouldnt be stupid enough to do it. I know people love me & I have a lot of unfinished business.

Dec 1, 2005
I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump off.
I immediately ran over and said “Stop! Don’t do it!”

“Why shouldn’t I?” he said.

I said, “Well, there’s so much to live for!”

“Like what?”

“Well … are you religious or atheist?”

“Religious.”

“Me too! Are you Christian or Jewish?”

“Christian.”

“Me too! Are you Catholic or Protestant?”

“Protestant.”

“Me too! Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?”

“Baptist.”

“Wow! Me too! Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?”

“Baptist Church of God.”

“Me too! Are you Original Baptist Church of God, or are you Reformed Baptist Church of God?”

“Reformed Baptist Church of God.”

“Me too! Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1879, or Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915?”

“Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915!”

To which I said, “Die, heretic scum!” and pushed him off.
You're a faggot

Epic Fail

Teacher's Pet
Premium
Apr 12, 2010
City of Angels
Sadly, during my current depression, I've thought about it several times. But I wouldnt be stupid enough to do it. I know people love me & I have a lot of unfinished business.
Stay alive, Gouki, and represent your people! We need more of your kind with your heart and soul to speak for your people.

18C

Premium Abuser
Jul 22, 2005
i think suicide comes from an attachment to the current form of ego. depression seems to occur when the ego is unwilling to change, which is probably why losing someone close to you does this because a part of your ego dies with them. whatever role you played to that person dies with them is what i mean. suicide is the ultimate answer to preserve the ego in it's current state instead of suffering the change that results from loss or massive change.

i've had a few friends off themselves, one two months ago, and i don't think there are any balls involved. it takes more balls to continue on with the lot you were dealt in life than it does to preserve some shattered form of identity.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2005
I think I've been pretty lucky to not have been depressed in my life.
If something goes wrong or a bunch of things go wrong, I always have something positive in my life to focus on. Like right now, now that I'm done highschool, I just keep my sights on saving up money for college so that way nothing else even compares to the importance of gonig to school so it won't be able to get me down.
Don't know if that makes much sense but whatever