Lexus auto-park, a load of crap

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

RandomHero

Now with 50% less stank!
They did this before programing the system. You have to doa few things to the system first for it to work correctly, very simple things. these guys just took it out of the box and triedto do it. Im not saying its worth anything, I am just giving some info.

haiyaaa

.999... < 1
You can tell they had an objectionable opinion on the thing from the start. They tried to make it look like an SNL skit.
Although I would agree the thing is probably really tempermental.

I don't know how true the programming of it thing is that Hero says. If you had to program it, I don't know why it would do anything at all in the first place without being programmed first. What is there to program?

Weasel

This chair is high sez I.
I checked Lexus' website, and it says it'll either back in or parallel park. From the looks of it, the car was parallel parking in the wrong type of space. I'm guessing they had it set wrong. I really doubt Lexus would release a parking system that was that flawed.

Wiggle Pig

Regitsered User
Useless option. If you can afford the car, then you can afford the valet parking. If the place you are visiting dosen't have valet parking, go to a nicer place.

T-Mill

im nutral
I checked Lexus' website, and it says it'll either back in or parallel park. From the looks of it, the car was parallel parking in the wrong type of space. I'm guessing they had it set wrong. I really doubt Lexus would release a parking system that was that flawed.
good call it looked like it was trying to parallel park , those laugh fags tried to make it look worse then it is by clicking parallel

Premium
its made for asians because they can't park but they can work a computer system

They did this before programing the system. You have to doa few things to the system first for it to work correctly, very simple things. these guys just took it out of the box and triedto do it. Im not saying its worth anything, I am just giving some info.
you know fuckin everything huh?

lolz 69th post

You could say an iPod or a PS3 is a piece of crap by getting people to play with them who don't know WTF they are doing ...

haiyaaa

.999... < 1
To be fair, have you guys even seen that thing working properly in real life to know for sure that this video is inaccurate?

To be fair, have you guys even seen that thing working properly in real life to know for sure that this video is inaccurate?
I haven't, but my impression of the video is the same I would have had if someone pressed a button on a stereo, screamed LAWLZ IT DOESN"T WORKZ!11!1!!!! then laughed and hit more random buttons.

However, if they had their manual out and were reading aloud the instructions while following them and it still didn't work, then I would be less skeptical about their video.

EDIT:

I found this information regarding the auto-park feature ... How many things can you see that these guys did wrong to fuck it all up on purpose?

Basically, the car controls only the steering. If you let it, it will drive into the car behind you. Though it may change in the future, APGS doesn't tell you when a space is too small for the car. For now, it lets you try, no matter how small the space.

A few conditions can interfere: If you pull up too close alongside the front car, the box appears red instead of green, which means you're too close to make the cut, and the system won't work. If you go more than 2 mph, grab the steering wheel or step on the accelerator, it defeats the system and you're on your own. An incline of 4.5 degrees or greater may prevent APGS from working because the car won't reverse up a steeper hill under idle power alone.

If you push the back-in icon on the screen, APGS will guide the car backward into a parking-lot space, too. The only difference is that it lets you rotate as well as slide the target box, to adjust for whatever angle you're at when you begin. Overall, I was impressed by how close to perfectly the system placed the target initially.

Last edited: