more about the abuse against prisoners in iraq

May 17, 2003
New Yuck
Now I know yesterday that picture made me chuckle- but thats cuz it was a bit funny at first. However- this is just soo bad for the US. We pride ourselves on being so civilized & now this. I hope this turdburgers get whats coming to them.
Like the trest of the world doesnt hat us enough- we just give them more reasons.

link

S

SectorNine

Yeah I really hope those soldiers pay for what they did. This makes us look like assholes. Just imagine if the tables were turned. What if those had been American prisoners? We would never stand for such actions.

May 17, 2003
New Yuck
what bugs me the most is how we are constantly citing the geneva convention rules of war that need to be adhered to & this makes us look like hypocrites.

S

SectorNine

mamichuli said:
what bugs me the most is how we are constantly citing the geneva convention rules of war that need to be adhered to & this makes us look like hypocrites.
I couldn't agree more. I didn't see all the pics, but I saw several. There was one girl who was in a lot of them. Something that really bugs me is how excited she looked in each picture. It just bothers me.

Viceroy

Nute Gunray
Feb 27, 2004
UK
Visit site
If that's what happens to Iraqis, god knows what they do to clandestine terrorists.

Last edited:
May 17, 2003
New Yuck
SectorNine said:
I couldn't agree more. I didn't see all the pics, but I saw several. There was one girl who was in a lot of them. Something that really bugs me is how excited she looked in each picture. It just bothers me.

yeah they showed the pics this morning on fox news. they showed the prisoners nude in a human pyramid & then they showed a pic of a US soldier chic next to a row of nude iraqi men & she was pointing at them & laughing.
This is unreal. I cant believe they would do something like this.
Also in the article I posted it states that they were charged with doing indecent acts with the prisoners. Just what the fck did these ppl do?

Riley

The Freakin Rican
Premium
Feb 3, 2004
That just made me sick. What in the hell were they thinking?? And they talk about how some of the solidiers didn't read up the Geneva Convention. Helloooooo, any dumbass would have known thats not how you treat the prisoners! God by saying that it just makes them look more stupid.

Viceroy

Nute Gunray
Feb 27, 2004
UK
Visit site
Riley said:
That just made me sick. What in the hell were they thinking?? And they talk about how some of the solidiers didn't read up the Geneva Convention. Helloooooo, any dumbass would have known thats not how you treat the prisoners! God by saying that it just makes them look more stupid.
Exactly. One soldier said the instructions on treatment of the prisoners "were not clear". So he thought he'd stand by while Iraqis were tortured and humiliated? What an asshole.

Nothing excuses their actions. Nothing.

Edit: The US soldiers involved deserve to go to prison for a very long time.

Riley

The Freakin Rican
Premium
Feb 3, 2004
Viceroy said:
Exactly. One soldier said the instructions on treatment of the prisoners "were not clear". So he thought he'd stand by while Iraqis were tortured and humiliated? What an asshole.

Nothing excuses their actions. Nothing.
holy shit, "were not clear".......*shakes head*, I am speechless, nothing more to add.

droogsteve

Back from the dead
Premium
Mar 24, 2003
Bronx, NY
At least the sadistic fucks were stupid enough to record their crimes. That ought to make it easy to prosecute. Their behavior was inexcusable and the kind of damage this does to the credibility of our entire military is enormous. We're supposed to be the good guys. They should all be given the harshest possible sentence to send the message that this kind of shit won't be tolerated. They've disgraced all of our brave professional soldiers with their obscene behavior and must be held accountable.

shade

Mar 23, 2003
Allen, TX
They need to go to military prison for the rest of their lives.

BlueMind

Moderating Hearts & Minds
Premium
Mar 28, 2003
Texas
Ugh.

Holy shit, look how happy the people commiting the torture are.

Apr 22, 2004
Brokedown Palace
It is a shame that these prisoners are being treated so awful. The soldiers who did this are truly awful. I hope that people don't use this for stereotyping americans and that the few soldiers who did this get punished. :(

Stanky105

Anti-Spoon & Anti-Monkey
Mar 23, 2003
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Visit site
This is disgusting. Yeah, these "soldiers" better go to prison for a long ass time. We need to show the other countries that these people were not acting how the US military should. This cannot be remotely tolerated. :@ :@

Karly

giggity
May 17, 2003
New Yuck
didnt want to start a new thread- but i just wanted to mention- has anyone noticed how all the ppl pictured doing the abusing are white? white ppl be crazy!

commence with the " you racist bitch" remarks.

Bergs

Elitist
Mar 28, 2003
Miami or New York
Visit site
We wont be hypocrites as long as all involved are prosecuted to the full extent of the law. They should all go to jail for the max sentence so to set an example. Its amazing how fucking stupid these people were to not only do this but to take pictures of it. Jeez.

F
yea, I hate the gun-ho attitude of some people who want to go over and just kill iraqis. That was a really stupid move on their part, and one of the soldiers was a chick, it seems like something only men would do... she's probably a lesbian.(no offense, I'm just joking) :p

JerkyMyTurky

Join eBaumnation.com
Mar 24, 2004
www.eBaumnation.com
Visit site
Who knows how long and how many other soldiers were also doing this. I'm sure it is not practiced by the majority, but I'm sure there was a fair share of soldiers doing such acts. It is normal for soldiers during war time to take out aggression out on prisoners (doesn't make it right, but it happens). The only thing that is truly surprising, more than the actual torture and humiliation, is that they took pictures of what they were doing. That is probably the only isolated thing about these incidents and with other probable incidents, is that these soldiers took pictures of it.

What kind of prisoners where they? I doubt iraqi soldiers would allow themselves to be degraded and humiliated like that, allowing themselves to be put into sexual positions as they were. The american soliders were reservist, so I doubt they would let reservists handle iraqi soldiers who were caught in action. I think most of these prisoners were iraqis who were rounded up for questioning and were taken advantage of. I can't imagine iraqi soldiers or foreign fighters allowing themselves to be toyed with like that. They usually shackle up or handcuff real soldiers for fear of them fighting or struggling, these looks like regular people being taken advantage of.