Music IQ?

Travmire

The Pillsbury Postboy
Feb 26, 2005
USA
In your country, what would you say is the general music IQ if 85 is mentally retarded, 100 is average, and 150 is genius?

I would say in America it is about 73 right now. With emo, pop punk, and country, we are definitely riding the short bus.

Sep 20, 2005
Pickering Ontario Canada 115, so many ppl i see with leather jackets long hair zeppelin stones aic sabbath shirts... my town is kick ass

firepiss

compliance!
May 14, 2005
VA
I've fell out of the mainstream rock in the last years. Can somebody answer my question?

What bands are considered pop punk?

SAPAiC said:
HAH[highlight]![/highlight] [highlight]You[/highlight] fell outta [highlight]the[/highlight] mainstream. [highlight]I[/highlight]s having music videos on M[highlight]TV[/highlight][highlight],[/highlight] then sucking ass[highlight],[/highlight] not mainstream[highlight]?[/highlight] [highlight]L[/highlight]isten to [highlight]M[/highlight]r. [highlight]B[/highlight]ungle[highlight].[/highlight]
(courtesy of the Grammar Police)

Travmire said:
In your country, what would you say is the general music IQ?
I think that's a bit too generalized, Travmire. People have different musical tastes, and I think that the data would be too spread out to even draw a line of best fit. There are people out there who have good musical tastes, and musical talent to compliment it. These people are few and far between, so it wouldn't help the general IQ of the majority, who couldn't tell you the difference between an Ab7 chord, and a minor pentatonic scale if their lives depended on it... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Travmire

The Pillsbury Postboy
Feb 26, 2005
USA
dudeinanigloo said:
I think that's a bit too generalized, Travmire. People have different musical tastes, and I think that the data would be too spread out to even draw a line of best fit. There are people out there who have good musical tastes, and musical talent to compliment it. These people are few and far between, so it wouldn't help the general IQ of the majority, who couldn't tell you the difference between an Ab7 chord, and a minor pentatonic scale if their lives depended on it... :rolleyes:
I meant for it to be generalized because I wanted an average IQ, but if you would like to be more specific, go ahead.