My manager wants to talk to me

Donna Love

♠Ginger Queen of EBW♠
Premium
Jul 14, 2011
In your pants.
Are you financially able to support yourself and a business for at least 9-12 months? I believe it usually takes that long for a new business owner to see positive book results.

Dropofahat

Power-mad Ad-min
Premium
Jun 15, 2006
NYC
1. Go to meeting
2. Hear manager out
3. Weigh benefits of staying in a safe but limiting job vs risk of taking a chance on self-determination to pursue potentially larger rewards
4. Make decision
5. $$$$$$$

Epic Fail

Teacher's Pet
Premium
Apr 12, 2010
City of Angels
Are you financially able to support yourself and a business for at least 9-12 months? I believe it usually takes that long for a new business owner to see positive book results.
More like 2-3 years.

1st year is almost always a loss. If you're making profit in less than 1 year, you're doing an exceptional job.

Oct 4, 2011
About new opprtunities for me next year. But I want to quit and start my own business. What should I do? The meeting is tomorrow.
Go to the meeting, you have an ACE up your sleeve. I recall in your previous post you said you had sufficient capital to start your business and survive for some time.

Listen to what you boss has to say, and then tell him that you would be happy to take on the extra responsibility and to assist in creating value for him and his shareholders. It would be prudent though if you are to take on additional responsibility it will be necessary for a significant pay increase and additional benefits.

If they say no well you have not lost anything it will just firm up your decision to leave and start your own business.

Good luck

bobscott

Chicken shit bull shit
Jul 7, 2005
More like 2-3 years.

1st year is almost always a loss. If you're making profit in less than 1 year, you're doing an exceptional job.
It only took me about 5 months to get my business off the ground and I haven't been in the red since.

I guess it depends on how bad you want it though. For me, it was my only choice. I knew if I got another job somewhere I'd end up hating it just like always so I put my all into my own business. Shits workin.

bwb84

Mr. Breezy
Jun 20, 2011
More like 2-3 years.

Do either of you own businesses?

As I expected he offered me a higher up position at the start of next year. Pay rise was not discussed. Don't know what to do so I'm alot of painkillers
Take the job under the condition of an agreed upon pay raise, and on the side go ahead and start on the grunt work to launch your business now. If the business side is looking good and you're unable to stretch your time any further, that's when you quit.

Last edited: