Post your Computer Specs...

W

Whiteboy24

OK, so, I have been building this machine for appx. a month now, and this is all of my specs...

(OS) - Windows XP Pro
(CPU) - 2.8 GHz Intel P4 w/Hyper Threading
(Motherboard) - MSI 865PE Neo Series (Video, Sound, SATA, Ethernet onboard)
(Case) - Raidmax Scorpio 668 Full Tower (Black, w/neon glow)
(Power Supply) - Raidmax 420 Watt
(HD 1) - 80 Gb Maxtor
(HD 2) - 60 Gb Maxtor
(HD 3) - Internal SATA 250 Gb
(ROM 1) - Sony DVD-ROM
(ROM 2) - Sony DVD/CD +/- RW
(ROM 3) - Cooling System, Fan Controller
(AGP) - Raidmax 9800 Series (Second V-Card for Dual Monitors)
(PCI 1) - Life-View TV Tuner (VHS compatable)
(PCI 2) - 2x 1394 2x USB 2.0
(PCI 3) - Security Card (K-Pro, runs a camera that is in my front yard)
(Monitor 1) - 19" ViewSonic CRT
(Monitor 2) - 17" Future Power CRT
(Speakers) - 2x 12" Sharp, 1x 10" Pioneer, Sony Surround Sound

statisticsnerd

v v ferret from hell v v
Nov 1, 2003
Houston area
Visit site
Why do people feel like they need two or three hard drives, monitors, optical drives, etc.? Seriously, how much of your hard drive space do you actually use? I have one 33GB internal hard drive and I have never gone past 75% of its capacity. It is loaded with MOH: Allied Assault, GTA: Vice City, MOH: Spearhead Expansion Pack, a flight sim that takes up 2.5 GB, the old Sims game with a few expansion packs, Counter Strike, XP Office Pro, Adobe Photoshop, firewall/internet software, and a couple of other fairly large applications, and I still have room to spare. As far as your monitors go, do you use both at the same time? They are different sizes, and they are both bulky CRTs, so I would find it a bit hard for you to utilize multi-monitor display. Now I do understand why you would have two optical drives, to copy DVDs/CDs from one to the other. I just don't think your system was built very cost-effectively. It will still get the job done, though. Anyway, this is a good thread, so when I have more time I will post my specs. Kudos.

W

Whiteboy24

My Reasoning

As I said in my last post, I've been working on this machine for appx. one month, however, I do not have the money to buy two Plasma Displays. As for your "question," I think I shall call it, on my Hard Drives... I use them for Video Editing. I have a Cannon GL-2, it's a pretty good quality video camera, so when transfering video to my computer, I use a raw format. However, the Camera is only using my 60 Gb Hard Drive. The 250 Gb SATA hard Drive is for my surviellance card. I record Video constantly in my front yard, it can hold up to 3 months of time. I can agree that 250 is somewhat overkill, but I wanted to feel good about having a large HD :) In addition, I also have a 9' Desk, so I have a lot of space for the CRT's. Sorry, I forgot to post what I've spent so far. All software and Hardware have brought me a grande total of $4000. I have Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Photoshop CS, Immaginate, and I designed a crack to use "Shake" on a PC, "Shake" alone was $300 as you'll notice, my grande total is only $4000, its because I get a company discount (www.ivss.tv). Looking forward to a reply.

born2lose

qua omsa lagee wann
Apr 5, 2004
berlin, NJ
bezz.homelinux.com
Damn, software these days is expensive. CRTs give the best picture i've seen so far.

(OS) - Windows XP Pro
(CPU) - Athlon64 3200+
(Motherboard) - Abit Kv8 max3 with 1 billion bells and whistles
(Case) - Chenming 601AE-AL Aluminum Entry Level Server Case
(Power Supply) - blah 450 Watt
(HD 1 + 2) - 2*120 gig seagate barracudas sata raid0
(ROM 1) - 12X DVD rom
(ROM 2) - 24x10x40 cd burner (dvd disks are too expensive)
(ROM 3) - Lotsa fans
(AGP) - eVGA gForce 5900 ultra
(PCI 1) - none
(PCI 2) - none
(PCI 3) - none
(Monitor 1) - 19" ViewSonic CRT
(Monitor 2) - 27' tv rarely used as second moniter
(Speakers) - 600 watt 5.1 sony system - on onboard sound, dont know if its worth it to get the latest soundblaster yet....dont think ill notice a difference, audio wise or performance wise.
(other) gotta add in the 40 gig ipod, for music in the car :)

edit: forgot ram Corsair 512MB DDR500 XMS4000 ProSeries (can only run it at DDR400...)

Last edited:
T

thrawn

sure, why not. i'll post one of them...

P4 3GHz
Asus P4P800
2GB Crucial pc-3200
WD raptor 10,000RPM 8MB cache
quadro fx-1100
uh, and a few amenities...the normal stuff

B

brainkandy87

P4 2.4 GHz
512 MB RAM
120 GB HD
Bus Clock: 533 MHz
Ge4 64 MB Video
CD-RW, DVD-ROM
Windows XP Home

I been thinking about partitioning my drive and installing Linux, but I'm a lazy bastard, so at the moment, this is what there is.

D

Dysolexic

P4 1.6ghz
256ram
64mb nvidia video w/ tv out
40gb HD(well its supposed to be..its really 37.2GB..assholes)
DVD-rom
DVD-/+R/RW
oh and statisticsnerd My HD is way too small for me I fill it up frequently, if you have cable and know where to get stuff its very easy to run out of space

T

thrawn

born2lose said:
33 gigs wouldnt last me very long..... 13 gigs of mp3s, lotsa gigs of games, many, many apps and a few movies. Many games and apps these days are over a gig, oracle is 3 gigs.
http://ebaumsworld.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13584&stc=1

the 33GB HD isnt the only raptor available...;)

and that is what the other pc's are for, storage. i couldnt operate with 33gigs. aside from the music, i'd need more than that just for TV shows and movies.

W

Whiteboy24

:)

Glad to see that my thread is going well... by the way forgot to mention a few other specs on my machine. (look at the very first post, that is the first part)

- 800 MHz FSB
- 4 GB Dual Channel DDR RAM (yes, I know, OVERKILL)
- Processor overclocked to 3.0 GHz (somewhat unsafe :) )
- Sony Clie Peg-TJ37 (I love this thing)
- I only have a few warez, most of my programs are legal.
- High Speed Gaming DSL line.
- Sisco Wireless Router (OLD SCHOOL 802.11B)
- Almost EVERY SINGLE war game avaliable. I LOVE MOHAA, CS, 1942, etc...

And I will also agree with the person that mentioned CRT's have better quality. :) Although, I wouldn't Mind dual 21" plasma.... :)

born2lose

qua omsa lagee wann
Apr 5, 2004
berlin, NJ
bezz.homelinux.com
thrawn said:
the 33GB HD isnt the only raptor available...;)

and that is what the other pc's are for, storage. i couldnt operate with 33gigs. aside from the music, i'd need more than that just for TV shows and movies.
the 74 gig raptors are $200 a pop. screw that. my drives together were $200. Plus, how long do raptors last? i keep my pcs running all the time

W

Whiteboy24

OMG?! Do you have 3 Wireless adapters, or one that works with all 3?!?! I've never seen something like that before.. Where did you get it, can i get them off the net?

Apr 9, 2004
Processor, Memory, and Motherboard

Processor: 2.8 GHz Intel Pentium 4
System Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Number of Processors: 1
RAM: 512 MB
RAM Type: DDR SDRAM
Max RAM: 2 GB
L2 Cache: 512 KB
Operating System and Software

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition
Bundled Software: Click to DVD (DVD Creation), PictureGear Studio (Digital Photo), DVgate Plus (Digital Video), SonicStage (Digital Music), VAIO Media (Network File Sharing)
Keyboard and Mouse

Keyboard: VAIO Keyboard
Mouse: PS/2 Wheel Mouse
Hard Drive

Size: 120 GB
Hard Drives: 1
Type: Ultra ATA
Optical Drives, Other Mass Storage

CD-RW: 32x (read), 16x (write), 10x (rewrite)
DVD Recorder: 2x(read), 4x(write), 2x(rewrite)
Floppy Drive: 1.44 MB, 3.5-inch floppy disk drive
Graphics and Display

Graphics Card: 8X AGP 3D Graphics Hardware Acceleration
Graphics RAM: 64 MB
Interface: AGP
Sound

Speakers: Stereo Speakers Included
Ports and Connectivity

USB 2.0 Ports: 8
Parallel Ports: 1
Free PCI Slots: 2
Modem: 56 Kbps
Network Connection: 10Base-T/100Base-TX Fast Ethernet
VGA Video Out Ports: 1

Other Stuff

radeon 9600
cable internet connection
Motorola SB5100 SURFborad Cable Modem
Microtek Flat Panel Screen
Canon i550
HP Deskjet 5150
tons of games
MS Office 2003

statisticsnerd

v v ferret from hell v v
Nov 1, 2003
Houston area
Visit site
Whiteboy24 said:
OMG?! Do you have 3 Wireless adapters, or one that works with all 3?!?! I've never seen something like that before.. Where did you get it, can i get them off the net?
No it's just one card, and it can communicate using any of those standards. It is a Dell card that costs about $60 more than their standard 802.11b card. I believe it's called a Trumobile dual-band WLAN wireless adapter, or something like that. Mine came with my computer when I bought it, so I'm not sure if you can buy one separately or not.

B

Bad Boy

Dude, holy phuck! 4GB RAM?!?!?! Are you nucking futs? You don't need that much... you don't need that much for anything!!

Anyway here's what I have:

P4 2.53B @ 2850Mhz @ 1.70 (otherwise it isn't stable un UT2k4)
GeForce Ti4600 128MB RAM 307/720
XP pro
80GB Maxtor HDD
1GB Dual Channel RAM
Antec SOHO server case
P4PE mobo
19" flat screen monitor @ 1600x1200 @75 herts refresh rate
cd-rw, FDD
400 Antec PSU
pfff.. I'm too lazy to write more detailed

Probably gonna buy by the end of the year:

A64 S939... whatever is the best bang for the buck... maybe 3400+
x800pro or 6800U... x800xt would probably be too expensive but if it's under $500 I might go for it
2 74GB raptors in RAID 0
OCZ 1GB PC4000 Dual Channel RAM
S939 btx mobo w/ pci-e possibly... i dunno... will see if it's better than agp
some 1337 case... prolly Cooler master w/ window and has to be BTX compatible
maybe I'll go with a low ms LCD monitor ...19 inch maybe
dvd-rw/cd-rw, dvd combo
550 BTX compatible Antec True Power PSU
custom water cooling setup (chevette heater core, MCP600 pump, tygon tubing, metal clamps, t-line, and probably white water blocks... ahhh I wish I could get my hands on a Cascade :rolleyes: i'll see what blocks are best for S939)
and that's about it. need some $ tho

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SectorNine

MOBO: ASUS A7N8X
Processor: Athalon 2500+
Ram:768 MB DDR
VID Card: ATI RADEON 9200 128MB
HD1: Maxtor 160GB
HD2: IBM 45GB
2 Monitors: 17" and a 15"