Shining

DreadPirateWes

SGT Barnes is a dick.
Dec 11, 2004
HAR HAH HEE HO HOOOO!

That was nippilicious! Great job editing that down. Where'd it come from? I'd love to see other movie trailers.

Like...Sophie's Choice. You put a bouncy, tappy song to it, and you got a Farrelly Brothers flick.

Shindler's List: set that to some Chuck Berry and Run-DMC, and...well okay. There's no way to make that one seem funny or uplifting.

Simply amazing...the power of a soundtrack and some quick edits.

With the exception of a few flicks, I think you can turn any movie into a Rudy-esque, uplifting, family flick. At least on trailers.

A

Acidbath86

^ I agree, that was great :hilarious: . Funny how the low voiced announcer makes a movie trailer more dramatic or creepy, while that mellow, laid back voice makes it more family oriented.

Repost

Welcome to the internet!
May 28, 2005
ouchies said:
can someone fill me in? i dont get it because i didnt watch the shining. thanks
The Shining is a horror classic. You should go out and rent it today. Jack Nicholson's character basically goes ape shit and tries to kill his family. There's only a handful of tender family scenes at the beginning of the movie which is what the fake trailer is mostly made up of.

D

Daikun

:icon_rofl Dear lord, that was hilarious!

ouchies said:
can someone fill me in? i dont get it because i didnt watch the shining. thanks
You're joking, right? I've never seen The Shining and I know what it is. If you've seen The Simpsons' episode Treehouse of Horror V, you would get the reference.

Ghostmaker

Apr 24, 2005
That was really good :bang: It IS too bad those who haven't seen the Shining aren't going to get it...

I think I should show that to some of my friends who enjoy family flicks, who haven't seen it yet..

pudgmo

I saw the movie and then read the book, the book is way better. I still haven't seen the funny trailer your all talking about.

FonsecaWalls

I came, I saw, I posted!
Aug 29, 2005
Toronto
LOL! That was one of the greatest things i've seen on Ebaumsworld in the past long while. Great editing, but I really despartly want to see more of those trailer edits, for all kinds of movies. Make Horror to family, and family to horror and so on. That was great :) .

H

Heresy

Haha that was good. Those who are really guillable would think it's a family film. Heh, I'd like to see the look on their face when they do watch the real movie :confused:huffle:

Nov 13, 2004
Toronto
That was one of the best clips I've seen on ebaums! It's quite amazing that you can be deceived into thinking Shining is a cute, fuzzy family movie when it's really a horror flick. I wonder if you can do the same thing in other areas aside from movies. With the right techniques, you can pretty much fool anyone into believing something that's not real. Scary...