Some one buy this for me!

Skinny

8 year olds, Dude.
Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
The Year: 1970

The Car:1965 Pontiac Catalina
The Man: My Father

My dad just turned 16 and had gotten a turqoise 327 HP Catalina ("Back in the days when an engine was an engine!") Any way, he was cruising with his buddies, comin off of the highway, tunes blaring. Anyway, all of the cars start pulling off the road, and they're going "What the hell?"

They look back.

Sirens.

They pull off and the cop comes up. "You're lucky." He said "The plane caught you doing 85 (the limit was then 75.) I was driving 100, and I wasn't catching up with you."

I really want a Catalina (not that I'd expect any of you to buy it, you cheap bastards.) This thing is 421 Horsepower. FOUR HUNDRED AND FUCKING TWENTY ONE HORSEPOWER! And it's only goin for 4,000 bucks (as of right now.) Oh man, I wish upon a star.

D

dylan-d

That's 421 cubic inches, not horsepower. Still, the 421 tripower was a pretty strong motor. I beleive it's rated at 370 HP IIRC.

321 gizzo

dude ive never seen that before. thats SWEET!

C

Cousin Billy

i hate those old ass muscle cars

C

Cousin Billy

simple
muscle car= old geezer car, who spends helluva long time restoring it, and even more time washing it

btw, im surprised u didnt even flame me for the post, looks like theres still some decency left in the world

Skinny

8 year olds, Dude.
Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
dylan-d said:
That's 421 cubic inches, not horsepower. Still, the 421 tripower was a pretty strong motor. I beleive it's rated at 370 HP IIRC.
Lol, thanks Dylan..So I'm not a car guy. The other one I saw was 389 HP (it had the HP next to it.)

And counsin billy...how can you hate a slice of Americana like that?

Skinny

8 year olds, Dude.
Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Cousin Billy said:
simple
muscle car= old geezer car, who spends helluva long time restoring it, and even more time washing it

btw, im surprised u didnt even flame me for the post, looks like theres still some decency left in the world
I tend not to be a flamer. [/Childish Joke]

321 gizzo

Cousin Billy said:
i hate those old ass muscle cars
what kind of car do you prefer?

C

Cousin Billy

321 gizzo said:
what kind of car do you prefer?
i really dont care unless its a pickup,minivan, old pile of crap or a ford/volvo/hyundai

D

dylan-d

Viper-X said:
Wow, it's annoying when people search on e-bay and go "OMG THIS THING FOR ONLY THIS PRICE?!?!?!" When they don't realize that IT IS AN AUCTION!!! There is still a lot of time for BIDDING, which means the price will GO UP. I bet the car will be up to at least $15,000 in the next two days.
Way to go Nostradamus, you sure called that one right :rolleyes:

Skinny

8 year olds, Dude.
Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Viper-X said:
Wow, it's annoying when people search on e-bay and go "OMG THIS THING FOR ONLY THIS PRICE?!?!?!" When they don't realize that IT IS AN AUCTION!!! There is still a lot of time for BIDDING, which means the price will GO UP. I bet the car will be up to at least $15,000 in the next two days.
Simply genius! only $10,500 off!