Tom DeLay Indicted

pidgeball6

My eyes are bleeding
May 12, 2004
Texas
Asbestos Crayon said:
www.cnn.com

Look at the header.

> BREAKING NEWS House Majority Leader Tom DeLay indicted on one count of criminal conspiracy by Texas grand jury, according to Travis County clerk's office.
Ooooh, you mean the big, thick, fire engine red banner that runs across the entire top end of the screen? ok. didn't notice.
Hopefully it's a sign of some serious campaign reforms to come.

/\/eO

I failed at the Matrix
Feb 19, 2004
Visit site
pidgeball6 said:
Hopefully it's a sign of some serious campaign reforms to come.
Not a fucking chance. Too much invested in Capital Hill to allow the rank and file fucks to have meaningful representation.

pidgeball6

My eyes are bleeding
May 12, 2004
Texas
/\/eO said:
Not a fucking chance. Too much invested in Capital Hill to allow the rank and file fucks to have meaningful representation.
Yup. I just noticed the flaws in the prosecution that will make the whole case a clusterfuck with no results. The way I see it, the only chance for real reform to take place is if the person or people pushing for it aren't political heathens themselves. As long as the accused politicians have mud to sling, the issue will get lost in the fray.

Aug 30, 2005
Deployed to Iraq
The latest update shows he's fighting the charges (big shocker there) and calling them partison (which is about the pot calling the kettle black given Delay's MO). Sadly the analysis I read (Washington Post or Slate, I forget which) said the case was sketchy from a legal standpoint, and that's quite likely he could get off. I have more or less no doubt he knew what was going on, but proving that stuff is always tough.

Frankly he's an asshat, one of many who abuse redistricting, and the republicans are better off without him.