US Spied on Princess Diana the Night She Died

Apr 13, 2004
USA
The Guardian said:
The American secret service was bugging Princess Diana's telephone conversations without the approval of the British security services on the night she died, according to the most comprehensive report on her death, to be published this week.

Among extraordinary details due to emerge in the report by former Metropolitan police commissioner Lord Stevens is the revelation that the US security service was bugging her calls in the hours before she was killed in a car crash in Paris.

In a move that raises fresh questions over transatlantic agreements on intelligence-sharing, the surveillance arm of the US has admitted listening to her conversations as she stayed at the Ritz hotel, but failed to notify MI6. Stevens is understood to have been assured that the 39 classified documents detailing Diana's final conversations did not reveal anything sinister or contain material that might help explain her death.
Read More

I'm still waiting on more news sources to come out, confirming the validity of the story.

J.T.

Fo' Fuckin' beina' ass'ho
May 10, 2005
Arizona
I like how the article claims she may have been pregnant. Suspicious... Maybe her hubby got mad and KILLED HER! DAAHHHHHHH!

This is why people are in favor of abortion :D

ConanTL

Apr 17, 2005
Germany
I see a much bigger problem in industrial espionage employed probably every country that has the power to do so.

For example ... ever wonder why the russian Tupolev 144 looks incredibly similar to the Concorde?

Last edited:

TFS

Steal Life, Cheat Death
Jan 8, 2005
Ohio
Just conspiracies and gossip rumor crap....

...sad that what was once reserved for tabloids in the check-out lane at grocery stores has made it's way to major network news. Then again, maybe Bat-boy really is helping Marines hunt Osama in caves...

drexel

Dec 19, 2004
detroit
who gives a fuck about diana, seriously?

the interesting point is how widespread u.s. surveillance is, at least for me.

but yeah, nothing shocking here

rand0m

you remind me of gay
Feb 15, 2005
Maybe if they wheren't so pressured by civil rights groups they could have stoped her getting in a car with a drug driver ...

drexel

Dec 19, 2004
detroit
Maybe if they wheren't so pressured by civil rights groups they could have stoped her getting in a car with a drug driver ...
hahah, what? the secret service isn't in the "prevent drunk drivers in france" business.

you seriously think that u.s. based civil rights groups are responsible for the death of a british woman in france?

Chewy

C8 H10 N4 O2
Jun 29, 2004
hahah, what? the secret service isn't in the "prevent drunk drivers in france" business.

you seriously think that u.s. based civil rights groups are responsible for the death of a british woman in france?
Please the whole event reeked of Jesse Jackson from the onset. :rolleyes:

a7x1337

Metal: Testosterone Music
Jul 18, 2005
Colorado Springs
"Ok, so Clinton was bugging Diana while Atta was plotting 9/11 and libs are upset we're bugging terrorists. What a strange world we live in."

i think this sums it up well

TFS

Steal Life, Cheat Death
Jan 8, 2005
Ohio
"Ok, so Clinton was bugging Diana while Atta was plotting 9/11 and libs are upset we're bugging terrorists. What a strange world we live in."

Clinton was scouting future prospects. Unfortunately for him, Di dying limited his options to Monica and the 97 year-old White House chef.

GotheriK

Revolutionary
Aug 30, 2005
For example ... ever wonder why the russian Tupolev 144 looks incredibly similar to the Concorde?
To my knowledge it was a joint effort. And the 144 is faster and bigger.

Anyway to the story: very refreshing to see you posting on different subjects, Heather. And I'm not really too sure what to think about us spying on Diana. It doesn't seem like we would have much use for her phone conversations, a waste of our tax dollars. And the action also undermines Britain's intelligence agencies: we don't really have much right to do this stuff in other countries, that's MI6's job.

Spike Lee

Elitist, motherfucka.
Premium
Mar 26, 2005
you are joking? right?