Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Independent

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • ANARCHY!!

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
F

FyUoCuK

Like talk about how come you are a republican and why democrats or other views suck or whatever

Mar 28, 2003
Miami or New York
Visit site
Republican, I dont agree with them 100% but I believe that the way this country's electoral system is designed you have to vote for one or the other or you are just wasting your vote. Its a sad fact of life here but thats also why I favor the reforming of the electoral college by basing it on congressional district rather than state, it would allow for the greater possibility of a third party candidate while also ensuring that politicians cant simply cater to only the urban centers while ignoring rural areas and less populated states.

Big D

Yeah...I love it
I consider myself an independent...I grew up in a town that had the first Green party majority in the country. I don't affiliate myself with the Green party, but I tend to lean towards the non republican/democrat choice during elections. If an independent candidate collects at least 5% of the electoral college votes, then they become elegible to recieve public financing. This would be a good first step, as no independent candidate has ever collected 5% of the electoral college. Probable won't happen for awhile, but it is inevitable as people become more an more discontent with a two party system...no one likes picking the lesser of two evils.

JerkyMyTurky

Join eBaumnation.com
Mar 24, 2004
www.eBaumnation.com
Visit site
Big D said:
I consider myself an independent...I grew up in a town that had the first Green party majority in the country. I don't affiliate myself with the Green party, but I tend to lean towards the non republican/democrat choice during elections. If an independent candidate collects at least 5% of the electoral college votes, then they become elegible to recieve public financing. This would be a good first step, as no independent candidate has ever collected 5% of the electoral college. Probable won't happen for awhile, but it is inevitable as people become more an more discontent with a two party system...no one likes picking the lesser of two evils.
Hope that day comes soon, you make some good points.

B

BigMattTheHobo

I am independent, but I will probably register as a democrat, and I will most likely always vote democrat. Lesser of two evils IMO.

M

Merkulrdanu

i am an independant conservative who chooses based mainly on gun control, abortion, econ policy, and gays

Sep 13, 2003
AZ
It would be nice if the poll included other politcal parties than just the 3 one in the US, it needs libertarian party, communist party, green party, etc.

And I consider myself a Marxist.

Last edited:

S10000

Nov 6, 2003
Is there a way to see the results of the poll? I'm interested as to seeing what catergory people shuffled into.

I consider myself a Democrat. Though at the moment I am unable to vote due to age limitations, I can see myself voting for the democratic nominee in the next election.

D
What if the democractic nominee is pro killing people by the name of S10000?

I'm just saying this as a hypothetical man. Party voting is stupid. If one day you grow up and become successful and learn that liberals are out to steal your hard earned money, you won't be a party voter anymore.

May 17, 2003
New Yuck
I am actually registered as a Republican. However I dont lean towards any particular party- they all have their faults & they all have certain issues which I agree & disagree with. I actually am considering joining the green party just to be an official backer of Ralph Nader.

S10000

Nov 6, 2003
Dozzi, you bring up a good point, but I meant from what it looks like at the moment, I can see myself voting for a democrat.

You're also correct on the "party voting is stupid" stance. It is, but at the moment I find myself agreeing with the democrat point of view much more than that of the republicans. So, unless drastic changes take place, I can pretty much guarantee I will be voting Democrat.

Gotta re-elect Kerry for a second term :p