Wisdom teeth... in or out?

Wisdom teeth in or out

  • all still in

    Votes: 25 64.1%
  • one or more out

    Votes: 14 35.9%

  • Total voters
    39
Mar 11, 2004
119
0
0
Visit site
#1
I just got my wisdom teeth out a few hours ago. It went well,... intravenous sedation :thud: :confused:leeping: Now i got gause in my mouth beacuse it is bleeding like hell. But there isnt any pain yet, the local anesthetic has worn off but the 1/2 vicodin and 800mg ibu are worlking VERY well. BTW i got all 4 out.
So has anyone else had thiers out, and how did it go?
 
A

Acidbath86

#2
I had my bottom 2 wisdom teeth removed around Spring Break 2003, so that sucked, because I couldn't really talk to people. It wasn't painful or anything, although it seemed like the dentist had a hard time trying to take them out, he was struggling so hard, I was expecting him to fart at any moment :hilarious: .
 
T

TheColbyJack

#4
SlOtH said:
I get mine out in a year depending on growth. I look forward to the pain killers.
God damn. It's going to hurt to get mine out. But as Sl0th said, the pain killers outta be hella fun. Sl0th, your avatar makes my dick hard.
 
Jun 6, 2005
494
0
0
35
#6
When I was 16 my dentist said that my wisdom teeth were right under the gums and would break through any day. When I was 20, one of them broke through. I will be 23 next month and the rest still have not came up.
 

eadgbe

It's ice cream, pervert.
Jun 10, 2005
3,228
3
0
#7
CyborgMexican2 said:
I just got my wisdom teeth out a few hours ago. It went well,... intravenous sedation :thud: :confused:leeping: Now i got gause in my mouth beacuse it is bleeding like hell. But there isnt any pain yet, the local anesthetic has worn off but the 1/2 vicodin and 800mg ibu are worlking VERY well. BTW i got all 4 out.
So has anyone else had thiers out, and how did it go?

i have to commend you on your splendid use of little smileys.


also, vicodin really didnt do anything for me other than make me puke if i stood up for more than 15 seconds
 

eadgbe

It's ice cream, pervert.
Jun 10, 2005
3,228
3
0
#10
break3r said:
ummmmmmmm what are wisdom and when do they come out? dont you stop loosing teeth at 10?

you dont lose them, they just usually come in behind other teeth and they need to be pulled (in many cases)
 
#12
break3r said:
ummmmmmmm what are wisdom and when do they come out?
That is the best quote I've ever take out of context.

I had mine taken out a few years back and all I can really remember is I got free ice cream. It didn't hurt or anything, but they had me put all the way under.

My brother got fucked up by the painkillers and all the medication. Apparently he woke up and got out of the chair and tried to leave. And he tried to fight the dentist when he made him sit back down. Then he was sick for about 2 days after that.

I had a lab instructor my first year of college who didn't have anyone to drive him home afterwards. He played rugby and such. Total badass. Anyway, he needed to be able to drive himself home, so he told the dentist to just give him novocaine. He was talking about watching the dentist as he was yanking on his teeth. That guy was hardcore.
 
A

Ants InMy Pants

#13
Bidwell said:
That is the best quote I've ever take out of context.

I had mine taken out a few years back and all I can really remember is I got free ice cream. It didn't hurt or anything, but they had me put all the way under.

My brother got fucked up by the painkillers and all the medication. Apparently he woke up and got out of the chair and tried to leave. And he tried to fight the dentist when he made him sit back down. Then he was sick for about 2 days after that.

I had a lab instructor my first year of college who didn't have anyone to drive him home afterwards. He played rugby and such. Total badass. Anyway, he needed to be able to drive himself home, so he told the dentist to just give him novocaine. He was talking about watching the dentist as he was yanking on his teeth. That guy was hardcore.

my friend just got em out and he had a really really high resistance to the anesthetic they were trying to give him(hell if i know why ;) ) but apparently that was the same thing that happened to him. he sat there and watched the guy yank his teeth out
 
#14
I had all four of mine out at one time. The pain of having them growing in was far worse than the pain of having them taken out.

My roots were curved under my jaw bone so they had to cut them out. The stuff, whatever it was, they gave me made me feel so good I would take it everyday if given the chance.
 

DaDigits

Well-Known Member
Mar 21, 2005
9,255
202
0
32
Everywhere
#16
My tooth docter says I don't need'em taken out so I am happy. Then again the guy is a quack it took him 12 shots of novicain to hit the right nerve for a filling and even then I still felt the drill hiting the nerve. My entire head was num but not that one god damned tooth.
 
May 16, 2005
660
3
0
#17
I've still got mine. They hurt when they come through, but are ok generally. I don't understand why they need to be pulled.

Do some people not have enough room in their mouths?
 
Last edited:
May 31, 2005
3,181
0
0
Canada
www.fruitsurf.com
#19
When I had my braces (years back) I had to sit and watch my dentist yank out two of my molars, he struggled a lot, I felt nothing but the pressure.

My bottom two wisdom teeth are comming in right now, haven't felt any pain whatsoever so I figure that's a good sign.
 
K

Kommercial

#20
Thankfully, my wisdom teeth grew in straight. I had seen what my wife went through, and I can tell you, I wouldn't go through that.