Yeah, this is a current event

pidgeball6

My eyes are bleeding
May 12, 2004
Texas
Ok, maybe it's a pretty lame current event, but I'm at a dead end and C/E's pretty slow right now anyway.

We got a chocolate labrador two days before Rita came through Houston. The night of the storm I took him, along with my other two dogs, to my brothers place on the west side of town. He chewed out of the gate and got out and I can't find him anywhere. I'm thinking he was probably picked up by someone in the neighborhood who may or may not want to keep him. Any advice would be much appreciated.

BTW- We've done the usual posting of signs in the area (around 80 so far), contacting the local clinics, shelters, and animal control agencies, and checked the online resources.

Nocturnal

Americana
Premium
Mar 27, 2003
Jacksonville
You pretty much listed everything you can do. See if you can figure out a way to identify it (difficult without a tatoo or ID chip).

You might consider posting a reward also, money might help somebody decide they don't want to keep a dog they found after all.

Good luck on finding him.

bergshadow

Jan 29, 2005
Some dogs can find their way home, even to a place they've only been for a couple days (or to wherever they came from before that - wherever they think home is.)

May 28, 2004
bergshadow said:
Some dogs can find their way home, even to a place they've only been for a couple days (or to wherever they came from before that - wherever they think home is.)
I doubt a dog would fair very well taking I-10 east. They don't call it "The Beast" for nothing. I hope you find your dog Pidge. Maybe someone will see one of the signs and call you.

Chewy

C8 H10 N4 O2
Jun 29, 2004
Seeing as that is the only dog you owned that didn't piss on it's self, or wet the bed investing time into locating it should be worth while. ;)

pidgeball6

My eyes are bleeding
May 12, 2004
Texas
Chewy said:
Seeing as that is the only dog you owned that didn't piss on it's self, or wet the bed investing time into locating it should be worth while. ;)
Are you still trying to sell me on that lame excuse that the dog somehow broke into the house during the night and wet your bed?

I told you Chewy, it's no big deal, we don't use the bed much and I can wash the sheets. :p