Your First DVD

statisticsnerd

v v ferret from hell v v
Nov 1, 2003
245
39
0
32
Houston area
Visit site
#1
Do any of you remember the first DVD that you purchased? Mine was "Deep Blue Sea". When I bought it, I remember that I was almost shaking on my way home. I had friends who owned DVD players, and I was always kind of jealous of them. But finally I was able to watch DVDs as well. At the time, DVDs were the new hot thing, as most people still used VCRs to watch movies with(imagine that :eek: :rolleyes: ). Now, I own about 20 DVDs, and if you actually watch full-length movies on VHS, then you are considered old-fashioned. If you think about, VHS was still the standard only five years ago. It's amazing to me how quickly times change.
 
Last edited:
H

hodog78

#2
I bought my first two at the same time.... Dazed and Confused and Frequency. Still two of my favorites.

statisticsnerd said:
If you think about, VHS was still the standard only five years ago. It's amazing to me how quickly times change.
Funny, I can still remember thinking to myself that "Movies on a CD" would never catch on, and that no one would start buying them! Remember Laserdiscs????? haha.
 

Sketcher

Let the chaos begin
Feb 18, 2004
7,691
193
0
32
Connecticut, USA
#6
I bought a DVD/VCR combo because I had so many good movies for VHS and I didn't feel like spending the money to replace them all with the DVD version. So I still watch my VHS's.

BTW, my first DVD was...hmm, can't seem to remember.
 

SickGirl

moshi moshi!
Feb 20, 2004
606
318
0
36
Lotusland
#8
Being that I'm lame and just got a DVD player, I think I only own 1 DVD set. And it's the Sex and the City episodes, season 4. Damn I don't even have the other seasons. :(
 
Likes: 1 person

Timebomb

:O
Premium
Dec 1, 2002
4,820
530
0
Visit site
#10
Sketcher said:
I bought a DVD/VCR combo because I had so many good movies for VHS and I didn't feel like spending the money to replace them all with the DVD version. So I still watch my VHS's.

BTW, my first DVD was...hmm, can't seem to remember.
Has you DVD player gone to shit yet? I bought a combo from panasonic, and now my dvd's skip alot. I have use my ps2 for dvds since I never mailed in the warranty.


First DVD: Reservoir Dogs/collecters edition.
 
L

Leonard_Shelby

#13
I bought two dvds to start my collection. The Matrix and Jurassic Park. Guess which one i almost never watch now.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Citronic27

Blue beer?
Feb 7, 2004
1,113
55
0
UK
#15
statisticsnerd said:
Do any of you remember the first DVD that you purchased? Mine was "Deep Blue Sea". When I bought it, I remember that I was almost shaking on my way home. I had friends who owned DVD players, and I was always kind of jealous of them. But finally I was able to watch DVDs as well. At the time, DVDs were the new hot thing, as most people still used VCRs to watch movies with(imagine that :eek: :rolleyes: ). Now, I own about 20 DVDs, and if you actually watch full-length movies on VHS, then you are considered old-fashioned. If you think about, VHS was still the standard only five years ago. It's amazing to me how quickly times change.
Yeah, that's the same way I felt when I got my first DVD - Deep Blue Sea. You know what they say about great minds don't you. :D
 

Bergs

Elitist
Mar 28, 2003
1,688
76
0
Miami or New York
Visit site
#17
Funny, I can still remember thinking to myself that "Movies on a CD" would never catch on, and that no one would start buying them! Remember Laserdiscs????? haha.
It wasnt even really that though. It never really caught on by itself. It was shoved down our throats. I remember when it first came out there were like no DVDs and when they advertised a new movie being released to video they would say "video and dvd" then that slowly switched to "dvd and video" and it became more and more difficult to find a fucking video cassette. It kind of pisses me off.